Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Moving a Page in a Multi-page Document

Is there a quicker way of moving a particular page around in a multi page document than repeating the menu sequence:
    Edit -> Pages -> Move Page Down/Up ?

If not there needs to be, as you'll appreciate the first time you need a duplicate of the first page placed as the last of a number of documents.

I'd suggest keyboard shortcuts that can be repeatedly tapped for "Up One" and "Down One", as well as "Move to Bottom" and "Move To Top" options.

And the view should stay focused on the page being moved.

Also, I suspect the move page process might not be 100% stable. I've had Xara report a critical error and abort when moving a page one position too far then attempting to Undo the previous move.

Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Default Re: Moving a Page in a Multi-page Document

I right-click on the page and select the context sensitive menu option to move the page. This is a bit quicker than using the menu. But, I would also like to see the option to move to top and move to bottom.

It would also be nice to have the option to drag a page. At 25% and 10% magnification I can see many pages. It would be nice if I could somehow drag the page to where I want it.
    Tom aka Patent Guy (an engineer/patent attorney doing line drawings)
    www.KnoxPatents.com

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I use Xara's keyboard shortcut utility to set my own shortcut for this. utlilities> customise keyboard shortcuts. I use Alt+page up and Alt+page down. Works great for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I use Xara's keyboard shortcut utility to set my own shortcut for this. utlilities> customise keyboard shortcuts. I use Alt+page up and Alt+page down. Works great for me.
    Good idea Frances. I'm not sure I'd even noticed "Customize key-shortcuts" before. That certainly makes it a lot easier than going through menus.

But it would still be very handy to have "Move to Bottom" and "Move To Top", as well as drag-page as Tom suggested.

BTW, Xara is still crashing when I try to Undo a page move, but is quite happy with reversing the direction instead of Undo.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm not sure why Xara is crashing, I can't replicate it here. Mind you I only have a 4 page document that I'm testing on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.