Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Wire Mesh

Default Re: Wire Mesh

Sorry, you are right. My post got a little crazy there. My apologies to Handrawn.

no offence taken - I hope I did not upset you either

Quote Originally Posted by salaam View Post
    ".....More tea vicar?" (Sorry, old English humour.)
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    David my friend - you really should learn to let things go...
    When you stop talking about things you know nothing about, I'll let it go. In post 42 I quoted a statement you made that indicates you know nothing about how meshes and blends are programmed, confusing boundary modification and blend modification in one paragraph. You concluded by saying "Manipulating envelopes and maipulating (sic) blends are worlds apart," as if all of a sudden you are an expert on the topic. I had already posted an example showing that statement to be wrong.

If I am incorrect, and you really do know what you are talking about, I am certain you can tell me how I created both of the following 'meshes' purely with Xtreme. You can also tell me the pros and cons to each method, how long each one took, and indicate if they are worthy production methods. You can also tell me which one mimics AI's method more closely.

It would be nice to be wrong, and if so, I will apologize.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example.png 
Views:	306 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	49842  

Even the most interesting debate loses it's appeal when it becomes personal. It just becomes uncomfortable to read - no matter who is wrong or right.

I agree, getting into a pissing competition will only prick the ears of all moderators who'd rather not have to step in and bang heads.

State your cases and and points of view, then let the readers decide.
    As Paul says, it doesn't matter who is wrong or right - it only matters that we have an opinion and an angle to share.

Still dreaming about Mesh Tool... Especially after using it in AI )
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

+1...
    Nothing lasts forever...

A few months ago one of the members posted this link, which I refound by googling "Diffusion curves"..........http://artis.imag.fr/Publications/2008/OBWBTS08/ ........

According to the site, this is a better and easier way of doing things. Assuming that Xara is truely interested in developing the program, perhaps this would be a better way of going than implimenting a mesh tool..........personally I know nothing along these lines.

I like Xara. It is the only program I know and I am used to it. Starting with version 3 they changed the shift bar command......going to the push tool......because that is the way illustrator works and they wanted to get their users to shift. In my opinion that was a really, really stupid thing to do. I don't think Xara should try to play follow up with illustrator, I think they should go their own way and be better.............frank

that would be here Frank:

diffusion

see also curves here:
    ananya

Last edited by handrawn; 24 October 2008 at 03:03 PM.
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the links Steve. If you don't log in, doing a search is a real pain in the a** now, having to verify two words before being allowed to do the search. I have trouble reading these sometime and since you don't get a second chance, and you have to do it for every search, I spend more time doing this than the actual search.

I'll go re-read these threads, but if this technology does develope, perhaps this is the way to go.

A lot of people have been complaining about the slow developement by xara...or majic now..........but the truth is the people who really decide are us, not the developers or planners. If they don't do their jobs all we have to do is stop buying their product or if we find a better alternative, switch brands. We don't have to keep upgrading to the latest version if it is not what we want. If sales stall for a while, the message will get through I'm sure.

Myself, I do not use the program for anything else than doodling and amusing myself. I supposed I could drink, smoke or gamble, or a thousand other sins, but I find upgrading is the cheapest sin of all and it keeps me happy.....in other words, personally I have no complaints against the program and no real wish list......but I can understand the wishes of others that would like to see the vector side advance more..........frank