Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello,
    IĀ“m trying to create a logo for myself and need some help and sugestions to improve it.I think itĀ“s not looking neither good or professional and since i donĀ“t have much experience creating logos i would like to hear your opinions and critics so i can improve it.

Here is the link to my efforts:
    Logos page

Thanks for your attention,
    Miguel

Hello,
    IĀ“m trying to create a logo for myself and need some help and sugestions to improve it.I think itĀ“s not looking neither good or professional and since i donĀ“t have much experience creating logos i would like to hear your opinions and critics so i can improve it.

Here is the link to my efforts:
    Logos page

Thanks for your attention,
    Miguel

Hello Miguel,

they are pretty good... Although I didn't care for the "coloring outside the lines" effect. since this Logo is for yourself, I would try to do 50 different logos. Try to keep it as simple as possible. the simpler the better tha logo... One color is the prefered method.

Hey Miguel,

I'll have to disagree with John, I like the design of 2c the best and think it's great as is. I myself just did something with lettering where I had the colouring shifted a bit from the outline. Sometimes it works and for me it works in that logo.

I will also add that with your 'webdesign & multimedia' line, the logo having a bold clean design combined with the loose free colouring. To me says you can provide both clean and crisp designs, but you can also be fun. Having the multi colours works well with the 'multimedia' part.

With web design and multimedia, it's always changing and that logo shows change, movement, plus you're not afraid to go over the line, even just a little.

Maybe you didn't put all that thought in it's design in what it really means and just created something that looks cool. That works too. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Also it would look good on a t-shirt.

-Bob.
    •Bob

Hi Miguel,

I agree with Bob. Example 2c is my choice. The colour outside the outline indicates to me that you are willing to think 'outside the box'.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Miguel
    I'm with John on this one, as I don't like the colouring outside the box. I agree it can be effective, but in my opinion it has to be done with an 'overall effect'. To work effectively the whole drawing has to be loose, where as your logo has a very sharp & well defined border, which, in my opinion doesn't match the 'colouring outside the box' effect.

How about feathering the 'box colours? My favourite would be the 3 colour 2e, but with a feathered grey area more closely matching the logo shape.
    But what the hell, it's your logo...What do you like?
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Miguel,
    I like 2E the most.

Hello Miguel,

Nice set of logos!

My pick would be 2e but:
    - With the "mboto" text perhaps nudged up so that the top of the "m" is level with the top of the logo.
    - With the bigger text moved up a bit, it should allow you to make the "webdesign & mm" text a tinsy bit larger. The spacing between the two blocks of text is also rather minimal right now.
    - The screen-printed misaligned outside the lines look doesn't do it for me either. I don't think you need it as the design works fine as it is (it doesn't really add anything.)

The colours of 2e has an industrial (techie) feel to them... 2c in contrast are more friendly and laid back... I'm not sure which you are going for?

Once you start settling on a design, why not play around with other colour combinations (that's the fun part!)

Nicely done!

Hi Miguel,
    It's obvious you have put some time into this effort ... nicely done.

I am neutral on the "outside the box" issue ... I don't think it distracts from the design, yet it doesn't add much either.

I like 2C ... but the cyan text on "webdesign and multimedia" is very weak compared to the bold orange and green. I would drop the cyan ... increase the size of the text (as Risto suggested) and change the color to Orange or Green. This will also cut the number of colors from 5 to 4 saving some printing cost.

I also like 2E ... but again with the changes Risto suggested.

Best of luck.

-Ed.

Hi Miguel,

looks like a really nice logo selection to me. All of these would fit in right alongside any proffesionally designed logo. My choice would have to be 2e. Not sure about the grey outside the lines, I find it a little distracting.

Quinn