Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to add fills to fill gallery

Hi, I'm pretty sure I downloaded a file/folder of fills once and added it to my fill gallery. (I think they may have been made by Chris?) My computer has crashed a couple times in the meantime and I lost them..
    I see a whole thread with hundreds of brushes that we can add to our brushes gallery. Is there anything similar for fills? I know we can do a bitmap fill, but it seems that if they are in the fill gallery they are more versatile. I can figure out how to download and add brushes and even how to make my own brushes and add them to the brushes gallery, but for some reason I can't figure out how to do this with fills.
    Thanks for any help.

Default Re: How to add fills to fill gallery

Hi Elgi

* Put your fills in a folder

* Open Fill Gallery and click 'Disc Fills...'

* Browse to your folder (I just put mine under Fills, as you can see, which opens straight away) and click 'Add'.

When you make more fills do the same, except when you get to the 'Add....' dialogue box, double click your folder to open it and click 'update' (the folder will appear to be empty in this view but the pix are there )

Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fills.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	49550  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks, neodeist. I found the missing fills in Xara Zone. It was Bouton's Seamless Tiles.
    Thanks for your tips, about making a new folder. I got those tiles re-installed. Just wish that there were more fills available, guess I'll have to make some or find some elsewhere. lol.

You're welcome Glad you found the missing ones.

Only problems with making them: they can be addictively time consuming and some end up pretty, but useless
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fills.png 
Views:	390 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	49602  
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

John,

If you go into the XaraInfo folder in your "Custom" fills folder, and edit the Description field in the Xaratext.txt document, you can make the folders much more identifiable than "C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro\Fills\MINE.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks Keith

@Elgi - There are some fills by Joel here

Rich (moluca) has posted many of his wonderful bitmap tiles here and there. I would look in the xara gallery and the photo forum. He has a really nice toy (canon EOS 10 I think), costs more than I could scrap up in a month o mondays.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

neodeist, wow!! thanks for the link. I'm in fill heaven with all those fills by Joel!! Love them!
    raynerj1, thanks for the reminder about moluca's bitmap tiles. His work is amazingly beautiful.
    With all these fills/tiles I might never need to make my own. (Except that they are fun to do now and then.)

If you haven't already found them, Rich Hoffman's Abalone fills are cool too

Thanks, neodeist. Love those abalone fills. I see several other
    sets of fills over there at Xara Zone, also. Thanks again for the
    heads-up!