Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't see images in IE7

Ok I will try to explain clearer. I created a web site in dreamweaver with static banners the banners were created in Xtreme4 trial version. All was fine. I received my software cds and installed them. I then created Flash animated image using the instructions on the CD. exported to dreamweaver imported into dreamweaver and the animation worked fine.
    Published to the web worked fine in firefox but when I try to look at the page in IE7 all I get is the page without anything else on it. I have gone to the internet bar and allowed blocks, I have downloaded and installed the latest version of internet explorer still a blank page the only thing on the page is the colour. If I remove the images from the page and only enter text I can see the text on web using IE7. Any ideas.

I need help urgently. I have reinstalled IE7 I have removed images from pages and the text shows. But if images on page nothing except page background shows. Page created in Dreamweaver. SWF image works in dreamweaver and firefox but nothing in IE7 can you help.

I have Xtreme4 and there is no updates available. My version was from download trial and now CD.
    Last edited by Dallyx2; 26 May 2008 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Further details

Default Re: Can't see images in IE7

Welcome Dallyx2. I don't really understand your question. Could yo be more specific and perhaps use screengrabs?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have edited the message I hope this is better.

Thank's Dally, could you supply a url so we can view the site?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It is probably an IE problem.
    Maybe you should you should google it and look elsewhere.
    True love is the ultimate truth

Please post the url. I use IE7Pro (which had an upgrade to 2.3.6 just the other day). Perhaps looking at the site we here can help you figure this out better.
    -=Bob=-

This is just a quick guess, but when you transfered the .html you also sent the pictures. With the same directory structure.

I have seen many different causes for graphics not being visible. Watch your uppercase/lowercase use. What works on a windows machine, does not mean it will work on the net. Upper case and lower case are 2 different beasties on the net, but are the same to windows. (John=john in windows, John not equal to john on the net)
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Hi thanks guys I have just spent the last day putting the site back together. I had removed all animated images and this lets others see site in IE7. I looked again today nothing in IE7 accept blank page site ok in Firefox. Here is the url
    http://www.rogersbooksonline.com
    Please keep in mind I am only learning to write in Dreamweaver and although I try to use CSS I have not with this site.
    Dallyx2

Dallyx2, I can confirm your findings. I can view the site in FF but not in IE7.

You state that your not using StyleSheets but your source code does have:
    <style type="text/css">
    Are you sure you've uploaded all the correct files and folders to your server?
    Egg

Make sure you have a </div> for every <div> in your code. Looks like you tweaked this code some from whatever xara exports. That would be the first place I would look.

I am just too lazy to search your code for you - sorry.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook