Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 3d badge

Default 3d badge

Hi Guys

Ok you been asked 100 times but am miffed , anyone point me in the right direction ?

i want make a football avatar - spinning.
    I want it to be 3d , i see you all say do it in Xtreme ect , just so you know i am a psp cs3 user and i find it simple to outline badges ect on that - like
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/gazzmazz/l.gif
    i used the wand and made it , can i get that to X3d ? liverpool badge was used.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/gazzmazz/pool.gif

I tried with extreme but my cutting was horendous.

any help appreciated

p.s i made a rough ( very rough cut ) in extreme and pasted it to X3d but when i added the badge as a texture it didnt fit it.
    Last edited by mightyart; 19 July 2008 at 06:40 PM.

Default Re: 3d badge

You have done well.

In the Texture settings you can adjust the size, angle of rotation, position left/right, and position up/down. Sometimes you need to make some tweaks to the settings to get a better fit to the shape(s).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x3d-texture1.gif 
Views:	618 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	50872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x3d-texture2.gif 
Views:	607 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	50873  

Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

what is the best/ easiest way to creaye the vector ? can i do it by creating the outline on psp cs3 ?

Photoshop CS3 is a bitmap manipulation application. A bitmap also known as a raster image consists of a matrix (rectangular or square grid) of pixels. Pixels can bit set to a color and although to the human eye they appear to represent shapes they are simply dots on the computer screen.

A vector is more like an algebra or geometric equation than a simple grid of dots. Although to display on the screen a vector application creates a simple bitmap to represent that equation. Internally programs that use vectors need the equation and not the simple grid.

Xara3D6 requires the vectors (the equations) to calculate the extrusion. The vectors can be in windows metafile (WMF or EMF) format or in Xara formats of .xar or .web file format.

Do not be confused by the .wmf and .emf formats because they do not convert bitmaps to vectors. So you cannot simply import a bitmap or create one in Photoshop and save to the .wmf file format. The metafile would contain only a bitmap and no vectors.

The easiest way to create the shape or shapes would be in Xara Xtreme. You could use another vector application like CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator but you would need a lot longer to learn those applications and then limit yourself to .wmf vector file format.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

tried a few methods and i created this vector with ease ( for me lol )

unfortunately its only outline and want to know if there is any way to make it solid so i can add the actual badge .

i have this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	demo.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	51257  

it looks like you created seven unfilled shapes - use filled shapes and they should be solid in xara 3D
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...