Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bookmarks/Favourites - export/import

Does anyone know of a way to export Opera bookmarks into IE7 Favourites,
    or to put it another way, import Opera bookmarks into IE7?
    I searched the web and came up with a small application called Bookmarkpriest, but it doesn't work properly.
    I've probably got too many bookmarks for it to cope with.
    Saludos,
    Bob
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Bookmarks/Favourites - export/import

From Opera to IE7, I´m not sure. From IE7 to Opera, Opera asked if I wanted to incorporate the IE bookmarks. Sorry, that´s probably no help at all.

Bob the following is from the IE7 help.

Open IE7 and click on the Add to Favorites button (looks like a green + on a yellow star). Or you can press Alt+Z to open Add to Favorites.

Click Import and Export...

Click the Next button

Click the Browse button and navigate to the Opera file that contains your booksmarks.

Select the folder where you want to place the imported bookmarks then click the Next button.

Click Finish.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

To export Opera bookmarks:
    Bookmarks>>Manage Bookmarks>>File>>Export as HTML

But IE7 doesn't understand Operas exported Opera6.html - it cannot convert them.

But what you can do, and does work, is to use FireFox to import Opera Bookmarks (no need to export from Opera first) and THEN export from Firefox. IE7 will then correctly import the Firefox bookmarks.html which will also give you your Opera bookmarks too

Bob, why are you preferring IE7 over Opera may I ask?

Thanks again, guys.
    Opera is my browser of choice, but I've not had much luck in saving the profile for transferring all the settings, like bookmarks and links (see attached) to my other pc (older one). Perhaps it was because of a difference in the versions of Opera. With the impending arrival of a new pc I wanted to try and make sure that everything will go as smoothly as
    possible to get the new version running the way I would like.
    I have a program - Outlook Express Backup, which not only saves emails and address books for myself and my wife's accounts, but also saves internet explorer settings and favourites as well as any other files I select.
    This means that as I am able to import my IE favourites into Opera's bookmarks, I need to be able to get Opera's bookmarks into IE first.
    Hope that all makes sense.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toolbar.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	49143  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.