Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Alien Skin version of eye candy vs xara version

I have original Eye Candy 4000 from Alien Skin site. It shows up in live effects list but only filter available is antimatter and it does not work.
    Is anyone using the original or is it not compatible. I have tried in Xtreme Pro
    and Pro 4. Works fine in other programs.

Default Re: Alien Skin version of eye candy vs xara version

I actually contacted Alien Skin over this before I purchased, and this was their reply:

We do not support the use of our products with the Xara host applications.

However, you could try the demo versions of our products that we have on our website and see if they will work. I cannot guarantee they will nor will we support any issues you have. But it might be worth a shot for you to see if they will work.

Please note that our product installers will not detect any of the Xara products.

So you will have to manually select the Xara plugins folder when asked where to install the plugins.

Here is another option for you:

Xara does sell a special version of Xenofex 2 and Eye Candy 4000 that will work with their host applications. They sell it and support it. I would suggest you contact them.
    So, that's what I did - Get the Xara versions, which apparently have some minor changes made to compatibilise it. Money well spent, very impressed overall.

Got Eye Candy 4000 and Xenofex 2 from Alien Skin and they both work with XXP4, as do Eye Candy 5 Nature & Textures
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hey,
    I have Eye Candy 3.1 vrsion and it works with Xaraxtreme Pro 4 and all my other Xara products. Doesn't have a few of the newer effects tho' but has theones I use.
    Jim