Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Chinese Characters

Doggone! I am having trouble taking two (2) Chinese Characters and using them in 3d... Not sure what I am doing wrong -would you guys push me in the write direction, Gently, Please.

(I took a shot of the two characters with PaintShopPro XI, to make a graphic of and bring into XaraPro4 -from there I can NOT seem to make Editable shapes -I do have to make into Editable Shapes don't I?)

And most of my save in XaraPro Crash 3d when I try to Import; or, the one that did NOT crash 3d, brought in the Square Background too , which I do NOT want - I am Hoping to get just the Characters, then try various animations on them in 3d to see which I like best. Thanks - Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tom - Hwy101

Default Re: Chinese Characters

Tom,

The Chinese Characters in your xar file are bitmap, not vectors, so you won't be able to manipulate them as they're (it's) only a rectangle. View in wire-frame to see the shape.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Tom, what we have here in your .xar file is a picture (bitmap) of the chinese characters.
    What you need is to type the characters in the the font you have used into Xara. These will then be in vector format.
    If you then select what you have typed, go to Arrange/Convert To Editable Shapes and then ungroup the result twice,
    you can use the shape editor tool to adjust the shapes, or the freehand and brush tool to alter the type of line to
    change the appearance of the vector shapes. Then when you are happy with the result, export as a .jpg to your desktop
    and then you can load the file as a texture into Xara 3D.
    Hope this helps.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 11 May 2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: addition of text
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

or you could use these Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Red face Re: Chinese Characters

Thanks Egg & Bob - Now I have to track down a Chinese Font (I do not have the Font in Xara or Anywhere -why I took a picture using PSPro XI to get into Xara to play with... Back to drawing board...)
    Tom - Hwy101

Thumbs up Re: Chinese Characters

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    or you could use these Tom
    Okay Handrawn, How did You do That!?! Please to Tell Grasshopper Tom!
    (that he may learn at the Foot of the Master!)
    Tom - Hwy101

I suspect Steve's run your bitmap through a tracing program to create the vectors Tom
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg you were of course right

bitmap tracer - I use inkscape - but you can do it with xara bitmap tracer

use attached settings - then remove white background - join the remaining shapes [ctrl+j] - it will end up either all white or all black, so you may need to recolor

you would get sharper results if you traced it by hand with shape editor tool or reconstructed it from modified quickshapes - but it would take [me] longer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccbt.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	48925  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thumbs up Re: Chinese Characters

Thanks One & ALL! I was so involved in trying to get into 3d; I was blind to what I needed to do... (do'oh! in best Homer voice) not to mention looking for a Chinese Font with these Characters when they have so many dialects...

Thank You Gentlemen for the Push keeping me Learning - Appreciated! Tom
    Tom - Hwy101