Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

XtremePro 4 and Xenofer 2 Plugin

Hello,

I uninstalled any XARA versions, and reinstall a clean Version Pro 4.

After the the XtremePro 4 installation, I discovered the setup screwed up the Plug-ins:

- The XENOFER 2 full become a Demo

When I try to reinstall it (I own the Full Registered package), I got:

Attention:
    You need to have Xara Xtreme or Xara Xtreme Pro installed in order to install this version of Xenofer 2 !!

and the installation aborts !!

Where I can find and updated Xenofer 2 that recognize Xara V4 ?

Regards.

antimix
    IP

Default Re: XtremePro 4 and Xenofer 2 Plugin

Alien Skin are very good to deal with e-mail your problem to them and they will send a link to the full item.
    IP

Be advised I just heard from Alien Skin regarding this issue and their response was to contact Xara.
    IP

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Yes we asked Alien Skin to provide updated plug-in installers that would recognise 4.0 but they could not provide these to us. They suggested a workaround which we've described in a knowldgebase article on our support site. This will have to do until Alien Skin provide us with updated installers.

See:
    http://support.xara.com/index.php_m=...articleid=2604

Regards

Neil
    Xara
    IP

that link is not working for me Neil
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Yep.. Not Found
    IP

Link to knowledgebase article should be http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2604
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

thanks Keith
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Post Re: XtremePro 4 and Xenofer 2 Plugin

OK- my apologies in advance...I have the full version of XtremePro 4 and was under the impression that the plug-ins from Alien Skin (Xenofex2) and Eye Candy (4000) were included and not mostly "demo" only. The knowledge base at Xara advises one to log in and download the latest version of plug-ins and then run...

Anyway, I can't see this download area at Xara but the actual question is, doe's one have to buy these plug-ins as extras or am I not comprehending some basic concept?

I know this topic has been covered elsewhere but it did not seem to register in my soft(brain)ware. Thanks for any advice! Cliff
    IP

From the KB 2604 link:

How do I install Alien Skin plug-ins in Xara Xtreme/Pro 4?

Solution

This article applies to
    Xara Xtreme 4
    Xara Xtreme Pro 4

Updated installers are not yet available for the Alien Skin plugins for Xtreme/Pro 4.

However, you can install the plug-ins manually:

1. First, log-in to your account at xara.com and download the latest versions of the plug-ins.

2. Run the executable and follow the steps

3. You'll come to a screen labelled ‘Select Host’ Click on the button labelled ‘Choose another Install location’

4. Browse to the appropriate folder within the psplugins directory of Xara Xtreme/Pro 4. For instance; (C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 4\Xara Picture Editor\PSplug-ins\AlienSkin\Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000) – when installing eye candy and click on OK

5. Click on the Finish button

If you now re-launch Xtreme you should find the full Live Effects are available.

Well unless I am missing something profound, it makes no sense to me, the plugins are not a seperate installer from the XX4 CD and neither has there ever been downloadable installer from the 'My Account' area online at Xara, well - never for me anyway.

Previous version and version 4 CD installations have always installed the plugins automatically for me, and included only a few freebies, the rest are DEMO only.
    IP