Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Yeah, Another Transparency Question...

Hello All,
    I'm new to Xara. I've searched a bit on the formu, but I have a bit of a time crunch and so I'll just ask straight out:

Withthe Adobe program when you save a .psd file, it has a transparent (alpha) background. I can usually import the .psd into Vegas video and its background is transparent.

When I attempted the same with an exported xara .psd, I got a white box in Vegas. When I exported as a gif I got a rough looking image with horrid white artifacts around it. I realize that this may be a configuration thing.

However, is there any way to NOT see the white rectangle on the pasteboard and to see something like an alpha background?

Has anybody figured this out for Vegas? I like using the whole .psd file because I can make changes in the graphics editor and it is automatically updated in my video editor.

Thanks in advance!

D out ITNOJ

Default Re: Yeah, Another Transparency Question...

Welcome to TG.

I suggest you export your images as PNG with alpha transparency.
    This should give you what you need. Though I am not familiar with Sony Vegas or how it can work with PNG.

GIF will always give you 'horrid' edges due to the GIF format. No config for this, it's just GIF

I have not had a problem with alpha transparency in xara psd exports when opening them in photoshop - have you tried resaving them from there and then loading into Sony Vegas - it might work?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the replies so far!

I will try the .png export. As for photoshop, I'm using a new computer and photoshop elements was a bundled piece of software so I no longer have it. If I have to, I'll buy another Elements...

Thanks again!

D out ITNOJ