Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Xtreme Pro 4 installation problems - help?

Sorry to post this here but I'm getting a bit desperate. I posted a ticket and tried the suggestions of the support staff but it's now over a week since my reply to them - I'm hoping that they're still mulling it over....

For initial information, I run v3.3 very successfully on my Vista Ultimate 32 bit machine.

Problem: On installing v4 I get a number of errors at 99% install: these inform me that the files which reside in c:/program files/common files/xara are "not found".

When I then try to run the installed program I get an "internal program error 2625.k.me.ps". If I then try to run v3.3 I get the same program error. I get this problem with both the download and CD version.

To get back to a working version of v3.3 I've had to do a disk image restore.

I've disabled my AV (AVG Pro), spyware (Spyware Doctor & Windows Defender) and closed WinPatrol for good measure (it monitors registry access attempts)... there is nothing there which I could imagine would cause a problem. However, I'm hoping someone might have an idea, while I'm waiting for support to get back. I've even installed as an administrator but there's no change in the errors thrown up.

Thanks for any help.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v4_install_error_example.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	48833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v4_run_error.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	48834  

Default Re: Xtreme Pro 4 installation problems - help?

There may be something that you need to do in Vista. Im not sure but we do have other Vista users here running XP4. So I will kick this back to the top in hopes that someone will see it and have a fix for you.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Difficult to say. X4 installs fine on Vista 32bit.
    octafishs' PC may have some software or services running which is causing a conflict.
    Though it shouldn't require it now, try installing as adminstrator.

It's really one of those issues that are guesswork unless you have the machine on the bench to test.

Thanks for the replies.

I have tried installing as administrator but still get the same problem. I even disabled the firewall. What's odd is that it's during the installation routine that the "not found errors" appear. Also why should running v3.3 immediately afterwards throw up the same/similar "internal program error." A registry thing? Is something pointing in the wrong direction?

I can't think of anything that could be causing this. Should I try installing in safe mode? Compatibility mode?

The weirdity of it is that this PC, which I've had for a year now, is extremely easy to install programs on.

Thanks for any light you can throw on this.

Steve

I have to ask..
    You didn't try to install over v.3.2 by any chance?

I left it in situ but thought I'd been advised that they can sit comfortably side by side, as they install to different directories.

Thanks for replying.

Hi Steve, have you looked in the directory to see if the dll is there? I don't know if it makes a difference but on my machine the filename is Xara with an uppercase 'X'.

Name:	jpg.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	48847  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

They'rethere currently, as I'm back with v3 but they were there also when I updated to v4 last time.

Steve

What about the case of the 'x' in Xara in the file path?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The 'x is an 'X' as in Xara.

The following jpg is of my current v3 installation. When v4 is installed a similar set of files can be seen. Why is it that it's during installation that the files are not found?

Thanks.

Steve

Name:	xara_common_files.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	48881