Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Issue copying in Photoshop CS3 Extended

Hello there

I need some help here.. I'm using Photoshop CS3 Extended, and found out, that Adobe does not use the copy/past-function - Or do they? When I open two pictures, and wanna take the one, with transparent background on the other one with ctrl+c and then ctrl+v. But when I try to do that, I just get a new layer... And it simply does not copy anything, when I use ctrl+c.. Anyone who knows if that is a function I can turn on/off or do something with?

Btw: I cant even copy from a layer, that I have on one picture, so it does not work at all

Regards, XelioN - I hope you can help me..
    IP

Default Re: Issue copying in Photoshop CS3 Extended

XelioN,
    Before copying, you have to select some area (e.g. with Rectangular Marquee, Magic Wand, or Lasso tool) or the whole image (Select > All)
    IP

You don't need to copy and paste what you are attempting - use the arrow tool and just drag one image onto the other.

Christine
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    You don't need to copy and paste what you are attempting - use the arrow tool and just drag one image onto the other.

Christine
    Just to avoid any confusion with the tools,the tool you want is the move tool at the top of the tool bar, there is another tool lower down that looks more like an arrow that is to do with selecting paths.
    If when dragging from one image to another you hold down the shift key at the same time it will position that layer in the same place relative to the image it was taken from.
    IP

Okay.. The drag thing worked, so thats not an issue anymore.. Now I just have the problem, if I use a brush - or the custom shape tool, and want to use it twice, I cant copy it, so I get it two times?
    IP