Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Panorama Parade - show us your views

e' indeed

Good result..!

I have been playing around with Flash to try to animate a 360deg panorama.

This is just a test that I have prepared as part of a web page submission. No artistic value whatsoever!

The photos are just my backgarden and low res: for a banner, but all the stitching was done at full resolution.

The process was a bit involved I am wondering if anyone has a simple way to achieve this effect.

Another thing I found was that I can avoid the slight join mark where the 360 deg picture ends - by in Xara copying the picture before I export it as a .jpg and enlarging the copy by a few pixels and then arranging it underneath the picture to be exported - then when it is exported the .jpg compression seems to pick up the edges of the picture underneath and so the edge effect on the exported image disappears.

Martin

PS see if you can find the join!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Riftvalley; 06 May 2008 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added bit about export

Not trying to be churlish but with all the attention that panoramas are getting it need to be pointed out that there has been a free download from Microsoft, Windows Live Photogallery, that produces panoramas, though admittedly not as well as the Xara version, though arguably the sky in the MS Live jobby has retained more detail, even though it needs a trim round the edges. This feature and some of the other bitmap editing features in Win. Live Photo were originally meant for, and initially included during beta testing, in Expression Design before it was slimmed down to become an application that doesn’t actually do anything anymore.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	live harbour.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	48753   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harbour.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	48754  

Last edited by masque; 06 May 2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: smelling as usual

Here are some old panoramas I remade in Xara Xtreme. Especially the first one was previously difficult, but came out quite good in Xtreme (and the lady in the front was automatically quite well blurred out ). I did some darkening in xaraon the sky to the right. Panorama of a market square in Pesaro, Italy.
    The second panorama is made of 14 photos, and I had to stitch them in three groups of 5 + 5 + 4 photos to get the final panorama of San Marino.

Name:	panorama-pesaro.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	48760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panorama-san-marino.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	48761  

Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

Masque - my personal favorite has so far been Autostitch (which technology is used in for example Serif PanoramaPlus). The good thing Autostitch is that you just select a bunch of photos and let the application do the rest (no photo limit except computer memory, no need to order the images), the only disadvantage is that the output is always in jpg.
    Last edited by gnurf; 06 May 2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: info added
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

port of Balchik (30km north from home) and sea view from my balcony

both created from 7 images
    Last edited by minimiro; 10 February 2009 at 11:01 PM.
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

Some very nice views everyone.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Great concepts and great example.
    Thanks to you all for sharing your work.
    Panning has never been easier and more effective.
    Rupert

I'd been waiting for the CD to turn up so I could have a proper play with this

10 images for a full 360 view. It is from a holiday last year in the UK. The place is Hamdon Hill which is supposed to be one of the largest Iron Age hillforts in Britain.

I've tried a couple of times to stitch this together (both manually and automatically) but never been all that happy with the output. For a fully automatic process I'm impressed. A bit of playing with balancing the colour between the photos and I'm sure I can get the sky to be little more even in colour.

Name:	Ham Hill.small.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	48818  

Doesn't look like the most crowded country in Europe, does it?
    Very green and pleasant land, weetbix.

Here's one using my very first digital camera, it probably came free in a packet of weetbix,
    and no more than 10 pixel I imagine, judging from the image quality!
    It is a panorama from the village of Mecina Alfahar in Las Alpujarras mountains, Andalucia, Southern Spain.
    Taken just after sunrise looking south. In the distance is the Sierra Contraviesa, and beyond that lies the Mediterranean Sea.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	mecina panorama.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	48825  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.