Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Post Re: Panorama Parade - show us your views

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    My first 180degree, 5 image panorama. A beach in Aberystwyth, Wales yesterday.
    Wonderfull panorama ! I know that beach, visited it many years (about 20) ago and still have very good memories of it. Rydw i'n hoffi Cymru ! (I like Wales, or something like that) Thanks masque !
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Default Re: Panorama Parade - show us your views

Quote Originally Posted by MarciaB View Post
    Wonderfull panorama ! I know that beach, visited it many years (about 20) ago and still have very good memories of it. Rydw i'n hoffi Cymru ! (I like Wales, or something like that) Thanks masque !
    Another (for Marcia), and I promise the last. Just two images this time showing the view from Constution Hill, (so called because if you climb it rather than use the cliff railway its good for the constitution as long as you don't blackout on the way up). (The red arrow marks the beach where the first panorama was made).

Rydw i'n hoffi Cymru = I am being heartburned like Wales. I (like) love Wales = Cara Cymru
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aber.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	48659  
    Last edited by masque; 04 May 2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Panoramic views are great to view, minor problem for printing though.

Perfect for wideformat printers with roll media though

My plan is to wait until I have a great set of photos for a pano' - create one that's about 3metres wide and digitally print to textured vinyl which will be mounted on a backing then wall mounted in my lounge room.

The great thing about inkjet printing to vinyl, it's washable.
    Real canvas/paint/paper goes mouldy here in the tropics.

We get the moisture here (rain, rain, rain), we just don't get the heat. We sure can grow moss though.
    I've seen some stunning aviation work in a panoramic setting, never in print though. The 3 metre wide print sounds like an interesting proposition Steve.

This is my "other way panorama" I thought of decorating a couple of staircase walls with pine trees. This one would be about 20 cm wide and 100 cm high

Name:	panorama-dead-pinetree-02.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	48706  
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

I would think the ink would wipe off vinyl. Doesn't it take a week of wednesdays to dry tho?

Whatever you do, don't use "simple green" on it. I have seen that stuff remove paint. Great cleaner tho.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Modern solvent inks used industry wide for vehicle wraps and outdoor banners John are colourfast for three years or more in full sunlight.
    Drying time depends on porosity of the substrate as the vinyls come in many grades and textures (canvas, oil paint brush-strokes) specifically for the purpose I am planning.
    The ink is touch dry straight off the printer, which has a heated feed-off plate and fans which dry the ink before it get's to the roller (for handling very wide banners).
    Generally 24 hours is enough time to wait before you begine to apply the vinyl to whatever surface. This is mostly to allow the previous heated and printyed vinyl to shrink back in place. Applying it too soon usually means that it will pull-in from the edges and, where panelling has been done, will pull away and leave gaps.
    I've never heard of 'Simple Green' but a cloth dampened with water is enough to clean this stuff.

It's a perfect medium for printing huge panoramas.

Paul (gnurf) Brilliant, great example of a vertical panorama!

I have no idea what is in "Simple Green", but I have seen it eat through metal 55 gallon drums, eat paint, but it is not supposed to be hazardous to your health. You can drink the stuff, but I would never try.

One of the latest high tech industrial cleaners, since they outlawed MEK. (methyl ethel ketone).
    Last edited by raynerj1; 05 May 2008 at 10:21 PM.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Amazing how easy this is to do....

Name:	panoramic.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	48739