Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Xtreme 4 icon

Hello, first of all I would like to introduce myself

My name is Andrea and I'm an italian visual artist. I felt in love with Xara and bought it some weeks ago; right now it's my only vector software and I'm deeply happy of it.

I'm actually still learning it, and I only realized few icons and some wallpapers at the moment (I'll post them here later maybe, anyway they are in my website if you want to take a look, everything under "Illustrazioni" is made with Xtreme).

So, back to this post : I didn’t like the way Xtreme icon is cut on the left and the fact that a red felt-tip is not producing any red on the icon :P , so I decided to try creating a remake of it, and at the same time I tried to realize some concepts for a whole new hires icon. Right now my fav one is the number 5, though it’s quite badly balanced; the actual remake is the number 6.

I'm doing this mainly to learn the software, but I'm quite happy with the results, and right now I'm using my own icon, for the Xtreme shortcut and dock icon

Sorry for the bad jpg compression causing artifacts and jagged edges, of course everything is sharp in png and ico formats. Feedback is welcome!

Have a nice time wherever you are,
    A

PS : I'm not aiming at realizing a REAL icon, at the moment. That would mean targetting various sizes, as clearly described by the great http://iconka.com/. I'm just creating a 256*256 icon that would work fine on Vista or MacOsX. Of course if the final version will be a nice one I'll create a real icon out of it

Default Re: Xara Xtreme 4 icon

Nice looking icons.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

hey,

congrats to the ton of nice icons on your site :b

FLy

FLySOLO I think you'll find that the Icons on the iconka site are created by TG member Centaurus and not Andrea.

Andrea's site has lots of his cool artwork in the LostConnection Minimal Gallery.

You can see more examples of Centaurus' (Denis) work here at TG and also on YouTube
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 09 June 2008 at 09:24 PM. Reason: error in url

Nice icons! I like numbers 5, 7, and 8 best.

@FlySolo : eheh I wish I was as good as Denis using Xtreme, he is really great

@Sledger : thanks for fixing that misunderstanding and for your kind words about my artwoks The gallery on my site is still quite empty, cos I'm still programming it and testing it

@Centaurus : Поздравляю, Денис, ты очень искусен, а твои иконки красивые

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

PS : please forgive me for my english, it's far from being perfect eheh

Good stuff Andrea. I'd say you have an excellent start with Xara. Your English is fine.

Nice Icons Andrea. Keep up the good work. Your English is much better than my engwish. (I wish I could speak english, but have to settle for American- Engwish)
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Impressive.

Check the setting of your Quality control Andrea for some reason in xarapro 4 the default is not fully set this causes jaggies .
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman