Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Tired of Xara running on virtual machine

I'm waiting for 2 years Xara mac os version. unfortunaly there is no alternative vector editor for mac. how long do i have to wait?

however my dream is an new generation vector editor fundamentally different from exiting products such as illustrator, corel, xara, etc.
    maybe apple do this revolution?
    IP

Default Re: Tired of Xara running on virtual machine

Quote Originally Posted by discotv View Post
    I'm waiting for 2 years Xara mac os version. unfortunately there is no alternative vector editor for mac.
    That's not really true - Adobe Illustrator for example.

however my dream is an new generation vector editor fundamentally different from exiting products such as illustrator, corel, xara, etc.
    maybe apple do this revolution?
    Different in which way?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    That's not really true - Adobe Illustrator for example.
    AI is not 'alternative', it's the incumbent 20 ton gorilla.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Different in which way?
    That's what I was wondering too!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Luke.Hart; 30 April 2008 at 04:28 PM.
    IP

No positive news on the Mac version I'm afraid. We have a half working version, but right now need to persuade the powers that be that it's worth finishing this instead of adding more improvements to the Windows version. Of course all Windows users would prefer we keep improving the Windows versions instead.

Talking about Virtual Machines, I was just emailed by a customer that moved to the Mac, asking the same question as you. He was using Parallels to run Windows software, and had just changed to VMWare instead. He was just letting me know there was a huge improvement in stability and speed of Xara Xtreme on the Mac.
    IP

I run Xara in Fusion these days, and it runs fine.

I wonder which will be released first. A native Xara or a native InkScape...

http://jo.irisson.free.fr/?p=62

PS. There's a new guy at work who, like me, also chose to shun Illustrator for something else. However, he uses InkScape, so I'm going to take this opportunity to learn more about it!
    Art should tell a story. Don't paint a moment, paint a lifetime.
    IP

[A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com
    IP

Thanks for the link to ZeusDraw, minimiro - it looks interesting

Amanda
    IP

Talking Re: Tired of Xara running on virtual machine

Charles

I was having an exchange with Daniel Will Harris who has migrated to the Mac. He was asking about the Mac version. I said that Corel had given it their best shot and finally thrown in the towel. I said Illustrator had a strangle hold on the Mac for sure.

Daniel's brilliant observation was: The percentage of Mac users has increased in the last few years and a lot of these users came from Windows. They are not going to want to learn Illustrator. This would be a perfect entry wedge for Xtreme.

Just thought I would share that insight.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    No positive news on the Mac version I'm afraid. We have a half working version, but right now need to persuade the powers that be that it's worth finishing this instead of adding more improvements to the Windows version. Of course all Windows users would prefer we keep improving the Windows versions instead.

Talking about Virtual Machines, I was just emailed by a customer that moved to the Mac, asking the same question as you. He was using Parallels to run Windows software, and had just changed to VMWare instead. He was just letting me know there was a huge improvement in stability and speed of Xara Xtreme on the Mac.
    improving = new tools/functions or stability? i prefer the second.
    often updates (begins from xara x) inherits principal bugs - for example problems with clipboard and unexpected shut downs (list of actions leading to shut down are growing from version to version)
    IP

do not develop a new os x version repaid? there are a lot of switchers who would be bought xara4mac
    IP