Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: Xtreme Pro 4 CDs are here

Sounds good Dan. You'll have lot's of fun.
    Don't bag Vista yet. I've been using it for over a year and there's nothing about it that causes me any grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Know1 View Post
    I always expect a printed manual when I upgrade software that gets shipped to you. I hope for next time there is at least an option to also get the new updated manual.
    I better get a manual or I'll get a lawyer. It says that previous Pro upgraders don't get a manual and I am upgrading from a standard version and at a much higher price to accomplish it.

Thank you, Xara!!
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jon spain View Post
    Thank you, Xara!!
    For what specifically?? ;-)

I just saw, that the Xara folks actually DID change the page under http://www.xara.com/uk/products/xtreme/upgrade

A bit at least.
    The last sentence of the first paragraph "450 page printed manual." is no longer bold, in favor of "not receive the printed manual" in the second paragraph that now IS bold.

It seems the read this thread if nothing else ...

Wolfgang

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    The last sentence of the first paragraph "450 page printed manual." is no longer bold, in favor of "not receive the printed manual" in the second paragraph that now IS bold.
    Just to clarify a bit here.
    The last sentence of the first paragraph didn't appear in bold text when this screenshot was taken earlier in this discussion.

However you are right that the text which reads "not receive the printed manual" is now shown in bold.

It's disappointing to read so much negativity about this when there is so many more positive topics to talk about.

I am aware that Xara is a small company who from my perspective are achieving much more with less (and for les$) than the big guns we often compare Xtreme (favourably) with.
    Sure, let's bring bugs, errors and typos to their attention, but not drag them across the coals or make silly threats for any mistakes they had no intention to make.
    Patience will be the biggest winner here.

I have never had a manual. even if I had one I would probably not use it. I don't see what the big fuss is about since there is a manual on the CD.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Steve,

just to clarify even more ;-)
    When we were on page 2 of this thread, the mentioned text in the first paragraph actually WAS printed in bold (see top of page 2).

And as I said - on page 4 or so I believe - I really don't need a manual. I just find it misleading the way they wrote it.
    And as it seems - I am not alone with this way of seeing it.

That said, I am one of the really long-time users, since the Xara Studio Beta, which came on 3,5" Floppies (AND with a really beautiful binder and a manual).

Ever since those days it's the same with the Xara people:
    Excellent, innovative software and bad, even careless marketing.

I don't know if ANY other software product has as loyal users as Xara has.
    I, for one, bought every version of Xara Studio, Corel Xara, X, X1, Xtreme and so on, as well as all versions of X3D and even that old Screensaver-program, whatever it was called.

I really love, that Charles and others from Xara now seem to participate in this forum. For the longest time, I had the feeling that Xara ignores everything that was posted here.

I don't bitch about the quality of the software, and I never did.
    In fact, I am looking forward to buy and use every new version of Xara in the future.

I am not dragging anybody across coals here, but I WILL point out things that bug me and that I think are wrong.

I hope the above does not sound too agressive or anything, that's not what I intend. After all, English is not my first language...

You are a good guy, Steve. I love your replies and I know you did not want to criticize me personally. But I feel that I had to explain my point here.

And now on to some positive topics ;-))

Wolfgang

I guess I have to break out the cheese cause their is just too much whining about OT stuff...

Here is a hint... The movies give you more info than the manual... Watch em.

I got my CD today... Which is on-topic and the whining isn't.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
    I guess I have to break out the cheese cause their is just too much whining about OT stuff...

Here is a hint... The movies give you more info than the manual... Watch em.

I got my CD today... Which is on-topic and the whining isn't.

The movies are nice but there is far more in depth information in the manual...
    Last edited by Know1; 09 May 2008 at 12:01 AM.

I, for one, will opt for the movies and the manual. Of course private free lessons are always welcome too...