Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Top Layer Text in HTML

Hi All,

If I have text positioned on a top layer over "NormalButton", "MouseOver" and/or MouseDown" layers, will the text, if not linked to a web page like the button, obscure part of the button so the button action might not occur if clicking on the text?

Or to put it another way, is there any way to make the button text visible but transparent to mouse actions?

Or must I link the text also?

I'm fairly new to web design, have been using a graphical web design program (Web Easy), and have very limited HTML skills.

Default Re: Top Layer Text in HTML

Hi John

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by not having the text linked.

Can you explain your thinking here?

The best way to do this is to group the text with the button graphic to cut down on the number of objects created. And if you are going to have a button that is linked, then I can't see the advantage of not having the text linked.

Also, I believe that Xtreme defines the area of the button as linked so even if your text is not part of the button, it will in effect be linked by association.

Gary

Default Re: Top Layer Text in HTML

Hi Gary,

I am making a redesigned 14 page political website with associated page buttons in Xtreme Pro4 (originally in [WYSIWYG] Web Easy). I placed all text on the top layer and grouped the text with the associated button images. This put some of the groupings on the lower button layer and placed some buttons on the top text layer instead of all on the button layer. (I don't know why this happened as they all should have gone to either the button or the text layer.)

Also if I group the text on the "normalbutton" layer, it seams I would have to duplicate the text two more times and place grouped on both the "mouseover" and "mousedown" layers since those layers would cover the grouped text on the "Normalbutton" layer. And that's quite a bit of xtra work I don't have to do in other Web Design programs.

Not a complaint, just an observation, I love Xara and have been using Xara versions [Xara V1] for work and pleasure since before Corel got involved. [in the mid 1990s?].