Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I guess I'm out of luck

You should have received a CD I think, I don't know of any download-only scheme. Contact Xara and get them to send you one?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 27 April 2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Removal of comment suggesting use of illegal software

I for one am not going to say that if a CD was not received its because it was never sent.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 27 April 2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Moderation
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I'm maybe missing something, but I can't see where xara could be said to be at fault here..
    Fault as in 2 ways:
    1 - I paid for something that doesn't work. If you don't see a problem with that I won't try to explain.
    I didn't receive a CD that I should have received. Again, if you can't see the fault there I won't try to explain it.
    2 - I have tried multiple times to contact them and they won't reply. That to me is a fault or at least unprofessonal.

Quote Originally Posted by BobInce View Post
    You should have received a CD I think, I don't know of any download-only scheme. Contact Xara and get them to send you one?
    Nor do I, I have CDs for everything else I bought from them that fact tells me they have my address right.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 27 April 2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: fix broken quote

I for one am not going to say that if a CD was not received its because it was never sent.
    I don't need anything pirated, I have it working now but only for another 90 days. Even IF they did send one, if I didn't get it I should be able to contact them to let them know, which I can't. I've been trying now for 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gms9810 View Post
    Since I downloaded the trial for XX4 I haven't used X1 but 3 days ago I had 2 days left on my trial so I decided to transfer all of my newly made templates over to my X1 folder to make sure they all still worked. Imagine my surprise when X1 all of a sudden didn't work.
    you transferred files from a newer version into an older version and you are surprised that didnt work

when I never got one in the mail I didn't give it much thought.
    no comment required here is there

If a company charges money for products they SHOULD stand behind them and provide support.
    I'm sure they will - when you get to the top of the queue
    Nothing lasts forever...

you transferred files from a newer version into an older version and you are surprised that didnt work

no comment required here is there

I'm sure they will - when you get to the top of the queue
    You shouldn't assume, I never said I made the templates in X4, I had made them all, almost all in X1. So stop assuming. I've been using computers since 1979, I'm not that stupid.
    And today makes 5 days, they should have been in contact with me by now. Arguing with you over will serve no good purpose so I'm done with it. You can insult me and embarrass yourself all you want, but I won't see it.
    Thanks, Sledger and Bob)

'almost all'....... hummmmm - anyway I hope you get it sorted out

If I have offended you I am sorry, it was not my intention.
    Nothing lasts forever...

And today makes 5 days, they should have been in contact with me by now.
    Are you including Saturday and Sunday in that 5 days? Not everyone works 7 days a week, even in today's world. I'm pretty sure that Xara staff do take the weekend off.

Excluding the weekend, that's only 3 days maximum, not allowing for time zone differences. Plus Xara is also right in the middle of finalizing XX4 and XXP4 for shipping of the books, cd's, paper manuals, packaging,etc. Also don't forget that there could be quite a few other user support requests that came in before yours. They can't just dump those requests for help because someone yells the loudest.

If you take all those factors into account, 3 days in this context is nothing. Have some patience, it's good for your blood pressure.
    Last edited by Improv; 28 April 2008 at 10:55 PM.