Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Exporting Addresses from Juno

I've contacted Juno requesting a method of exporting the email address book and they have responded that they do not provide any. They did refer me to a program that will do this for me. However, the program costs $20.00. I've done a seach for a free program and the only one I could find apparently doesn't work with the latest version of Juno.

Anyone know of a solution to this problem?
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Exporting Addresses from Juno

Hi Ron. I assume you found the Dawn software. Have you contacted the author? Maybe he updated to include v6 and hasn't updated web yet?
    Joe

Joe,
    Thanks for replying. The software doesn't provide Juno as an option and Juno does not have any export feature at all. So I can't see how Dawn could help, because it's looking for a CSV file, or Outlook, or PAB file etc. All I have is my address book on the Juno email website with no way to export it as Juno has replied that they do not have an export option.

I don't know what to do from here. I appreciate your attempt at helping though.

Xara's Facebook

Dawn at NoNags does list Juno as an option.

http://www.nonags.com/software.asp?ID=746
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.png 
Views:	1700 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	48221  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks,
    I guess the problem is there is no address "book" to convert. There is only the addresses as listed within Juno email. No export function of any kind.

Xara's Facebook

I would sugget Cntl-C and Cntrl-V... copy all the data into a comma separated text file, then you can import that into another email client.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by RonDuke View Post
    I've contacted Juno requesting a method of exporting the email address book and they have responded that they do not provide any. They did refer me to a program that will do this for me. However, the program costs $20.00. I've done a seach for a free program and the only one I could find apparently doesn't work with the latest version of Juno.

Anyone know of a solution to this problem?
    To create a csv file for import to yahoo you can start by exporting the yahoo address file, this will give you the format of the yahoo import file.
    The file should only contain the yahoo address book headings.

Print your juno contacts to a xps file (works best with the first print option just names and addresses and phone numbers), open the xps file and do a cut and paste (just the name/addess/phone fields) to wordpad and add commas to align the fields to the yahoo headings. Insert three commas at the beginning of each line to position the name field to the nickname field and one between name and address and phone.

Open the yahoo csv text file in excel and copy and paste the wordpad text file with commas to the excel sheet starting on line 2 (below column headings).

The file will now be ready to import to yahoo.

From there you can export the yahoo address book as a csv and import it to the other address books .

ddd34690

Might I ask was prompted you to post your helpful advice? I ask because this tread was started in 2008 and the last post was in April of that year.

I have to think that Ron has found another solution.

And this is your first post in TalkGraphics.

Just curious, that's all.

I am very glad that this person left a reply even though it is years old. I am trying to export juno addresses and put them into outlook. I also began printing to an XPS file. The only issue is groups. I can get the group list into an xps, but how do I get it to become a group in Outlook? Responses to old questions still help others who now have the same issue!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ddd34690

Might I ask was prompted you to post your helpful advice? I ask because this tread was started in 2008 and the last post was in April of that year.

I have to think that Ron has found another solution.

And this is your first post in TalkGraphics.

Just curious, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by jade5233 View Post
    I am very glad that this person left a reply even though it is years old. I am trying to export juno addresses and put them into outlook. I also began printing to an XPS file. The only issue is groups. I can get the group list into an xps, but how do I get it to become a group in Outlook? Responses to old questions still help others who now have the same issue!
    I am trying to help a senior friend move from Juno webmail to an email client and had the same question about how to extract the contacts from Juno webmail.

After reading these posts, I took another route. I created a temporary email in Juno and included all of the Juno contacts in the TO: field. I then selected and copied the entire TO: field and pasted the saved contacts into the TO: field in the email client (new message).

From that point, the email client allowed me to individually add the email addresses to the email client contact database.

Kind of a stupid "work around", but at least I was able to transfer all of the email addresses in the Juno Address Book to Outlook and a couple of other email clients I've come across.