Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Multiple Backgrounds

Is there anyway to have each page have a unique page colour? (When assigning backgrounds)

Thanks.
    Last edited by mvsn; 20 April 2008 at 10:52 PM.

Default Re: Multiple Backgrounds

Why not just have a background layer with a rectangle to fill the page with the background colour of your choice?

(it's what we did when there was no choice of background colour)

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for responding.

I tried what you suggested, although it doesn't seem to work when exporting to web... pages are still the single colour thats based on the 1st page...

hmmm

There is a hidden preference that you can change in the registry if you want to make it so that you can have different sized pages in a design. But be warned that very little if any testing has been done using this option, so it's possible you may find problems. To give it a try simply close Xtreme Pro and set the following entry to 0 in the registry:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XaraXtremePro\Opti ons\Preferences\AllPagesTheSame
    This also works for page background colours/fills ('ctrl+drag colour to page from colour line')

Usual warnings apply when editing the registry

Hi Sledger,

Thank you so much! Worked like a charm. The only thing is that this works on new documents only, the existing document the changes wouldn't take effect.

No biggie.. Once again, Thank you!

Interesting that it works because isn't the path for XXPro4 \Xtreme Pro\4.0\etc. ?
    -=Bob=-

Works indeed. Although not sure what you are trying to say regarding the path

Quote Originally Posted by mvsn View Post
    Hi Paul, thanks for responding.

I tried what you suggested, although it doesn't seem to work when exporting to web... pages are still the single colour thats based on the 1st page...

hmmm

If you make the rectangle as big as the page size, you won't see the background, no matter what colour it is..

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    If you make the rectangle as big as the page size, you won't see the background, no matter what colour it is..

Paul
    Paul I think mvsn wants the *entire* background the same colour, not just the page.
    Your method works well for the page itself, but not the entire (off page) background

Interesting that it works because isn't the path for XXPro4 \Xtreme Pro\4.0\etc. ?

edit: I can't find the most recent post from NeilH , but an earlier one is here
    I had copied the later post to my notes where it was amended with:

-------------------------------------
    By default Xtreme Pro insists that all pages are the same size. So the case where the first import gives you a second page that is a different size to the first page is a bug. This will be logged.

There is a hidden preference that you can change in the registry if you want to make it so that you can have different sized pages in a design. But be warned that very little if any testing has been done using this option, so it's possible you may find problems. To give it a try simply close Xtreme Pro and set the following entry to 0 in the registry:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XaraXtremePro\Opti ons\Preferences\AllPagesTheSame
    ------------------------------------
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\4.0\Opti ons\Filters\MakeBakFiles

Change the value from '0' to '1'
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 21 April 2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: further information