Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Line attributes: 3.02Pro vs. 4Pro

In 3.02 I could set my line attributes (set them without a line selected) and when I open that same drawing again a newly drawn line would continue to have those attributes, like 2pix, round join, round cap, ellipse shape.
    In 4.0.4966 this does not happen. When the file/drawing is re-opened the line attributes are back to the default.
    Any way to keep those attributes in 4 like in 3?
    (This is not the same thing as changing my default template. That would perhaps work, but I don't want to change my template and in 3.02 it wasn't necessary. Individual files kept their attributes.)
    -=Bob=-

Default Re: Line attributes: 3.02Pro vs. 4Pro

Works for me Bob - unless I'm misunderstanding you

Test file is 4pix line with SlimpBlip shape. Opens this way every time for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

For a new file, the attributes of the template are used in the drawing. But, after closing the drawing file and reopening it, the drawing attributes are reset to XP4 default values, which are different than the template defaults. Out of the Box, XP4 always opens a file and sets attributes to XP4 default values. XXP 3 did the same thing. See <http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=28359>.

A "secret" registry entry will allow XP4 to remember certain set attributes when drawings are reopened. The following registry entry has a default value of 0. Changing the value to 1 will make XP4 remember set attributes when reopening a drawing file.
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\4.0\Opt ions\Filters\LoadCurrentAttributes]
    Tom aka Patent Guy (an engineer/patent attorney doing line drawings)
    www.KnoxPatents.com

I noticed that also - hope there's a registry setting or something... I prefer to work with .25 line width (default template), but each file reverts back to .5
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by glenngosack View Post
    I noticed that also - hope there's a registry setting or something... I prefer to work with .25 line width (default template), but each file reverts back to .5
    <HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\4.0\Opt ions\Filters\LoadCurrentAttributes>
    Tom aka Patent Guy (an engineer/patent attorney doing line drawings)
    www.KnoxPatents.com

Sledger, opening your .xar file and drawing a new line gives the default line settings, for me at least:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1 USE for Xara posts.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	48174  
    -=Bob=-

by the time I put my reply in - all you guys supplied the answer - I modified my registry - it works!
    Thanks,
    Glenn

I'll change that registry setting too, but is this an option that could perhaps be added to the next update so we don't have to go into the registry?
    -=Bob=-

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    Sledger, opening your .xar file and drawing a new line gives the default line settings, for me at least:
    Yes I think I must have changed that reg setting after a thread regarding the current font not remaining on opening the saved file.
    1st cup of coffee not kicked in yet...

I changed it and it works GREAT! Thanks guys. And now when I open your file, Sledger, the drawing line is just as you left it.
    Very cool. Let's get this in our Options panel.
    -=Bob=-