Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show Us Your Website!

Yeah, I used Text Repel and it worked in both browsers. I wonder if it has anything to do with the width of the page vs the width of the browser window?

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Quote Originally Posted by RedThunder View Post
    Dead basic :-( and links to a Picasa Gallery
    http://black2colour.com/tcr/

Main Site Not XTREME, but will be :-)
    http://black2colour.com
    I'm curious how you got that Picasa album integrated into the page.

I've tried to do that with the embed option in Picasa, but it just kinda links the album into the site.

Thanks, Bobby
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

Here's file I was playing around with and I repelled text on four different areas of the text.

Extract the contents to your desktop and double click on the Index.htm file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Repelling text worked fine for me on the Drillnorth site. But I avoided Verdana (esp at 9pt - although I much prefer verdana) due to the way the various browsers handle font rendering. Other fonts (I stuck with arial) seem fine cross-browser.
    Yeah, I thought maybe Verdana was the culprit but its one of my favourite fonts - bold is properly bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    the problem you have encountered and reported in another thread is already fixed. You should be able to export your site perfectly with latter updates. Sorry for that.
    Excellent news! I kept checking that thread but never got any further info from it.
    There are a lot of named objects in your design.
    If that is the case, it is because Xara has given them names. I never do.

Here's a pure XXP generated site optimised for viewing on a mobile (cell) phone. There's currently 26 pages and the page file size ranges between 2 & 12 Kb's.

I had a couple of issues creating the site but not insurmountable ones. I hope to add a photo gallery shortly. I also want to adjust the individual page lengths to match the text boxes.

If anyone could test it on a mobile & give me feed back I'd be more than pleased.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Haven't got web-browsing activated on mine - too stingy!! - but the stuff on there is really interesting. Is it designed for tours? Great idea if so
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Cheers John,

It's an idea I'm working on for tours. (I've got the photo's functioning now)

I have a BT mobile that connects to my Home WiFi at no additional cost, so it's great for testing out sites on a mobile.

Can anyone assist me. When creating the picture gallery it created all PNG's which is the default. I went about naming all the images JPG. Unfortunately the xar file corrupted with a "Failed to Read xar" and a Buffer Error. Could someone try to repair it for me please?

EDIT. I notice it's only 2.9Kb so I guess it's u/s . I'll need to rebuild it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

-------------------
    DoImport failed
    Fixing tree depth (1)
    -------------------

Sorry Egg... nada

Cheers Steve, that's what I thought. Back to the drawing-board. Bak files would be nice
    Egg

Did you see my post with the MakeBakFiles ON/OFF toggles?

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...0&postcount=14