Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show Us Your Website!

Not a web site, just the first germs of an idea. It's so quick to sketch one up though, I think I might finally get around to building one for myself!

http://www.jwhitham.plus.com/hello_world.htm

Question Re: Show Us Your Website!

In the process of re-doing my web-site. Not finished by a long way yet, but I've found that on the "other links" page the picture links open up in Firefox and Opera twice. Set them to open in new page, as I did with other external links which open OK.

Any ideas why?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    I've found that on the "other links" page the picture links open up in Firefox and Opera twice. Set them to open in new page, as I did with other external links which open OK. Any ideas why?
    This was a bug. It is already fixed, but have not received the latest version of the HTML filter yet. Wait for the next update.
    John.

Thanks John
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    I've found that on the "other links" page the picture links open up in Firefox and Opera twice. Set them to open in new page, as I did with other external links which open OK.

Have you fixed this, as I don't see this in Opera 9.27 / Safari 3.1 or FF2/FF3

Still doing it in FF2 and Opera 9.24. But as John says above, the fix will be in next update. Odd that you don't get the double opening though

None whatsoever John

Just checked and my Opera and FF are set to open new windows in tabs. Just changed them both to open new window and the links don't double up then.

Must be the tabs then. Can't remember FF doing that before though so perhaps it's combination of bug with tabs.

Just did a test page. Two images, one over text, set to open in new window, and they both opened without duplication! Think I'll have to redo that page and see what happens, but it still doesn't explain why you don't get the duplication Steve, or why it doesn't happen locally.

Ah well, it's Monday .....

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    John I used a slightly different idea but based on your suggestion. I removed the drop shadow entirely and created a grey veil behind the *.jpg popup photos rather like you see with those Lightbox java scripts.
    Looks great!
    John.