Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Default Re: Show Us Your Xtreme 4 created Website!

Sledger,
    All the large images were imported as .jpg's. Do you know why some would be exported as .png and some .jpg? I wasn't aware of doing anything different for any of the layers or pages. Is there a way to globally have them all export as .jpg? About half of the large images exported as .jpg and half as .png.
    Last edited by jimhanus; 16 December 2008 at 09:23 PM.

Sure Jim.
    Probably a personal design thing, but the mis-alignment looks awkward to my eye.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jimhanus.png 
Views:	224 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	54447  

All the large images were imported as .jpg's. Do you know why some would be exported as .png and some .jpg?
    If you resize, optimize, edit, add shadows (or watermarks) etc to the imported JPGs I believe that's when Xtreme changes the export type to PNG.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Is there a way to globally have them all export as .jpg? About half of the large images exported as .jpg and half as .png.
    Not yet, so you need to name each image for export to jpg as 'JPEG'
    Xtreme will warn you that the name already exists, just ignor that and keep going
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 16 December 2008 at 09:29 PM.

Sledger,
    Thanks for the alignment suggestion. I thought of that early on, but thought it looked too linear. But now that I look at it, I may move the bottom 4 thumbnails to be centered under the white rectangle.
    http://oldclubcondo.com/xara1.jpg

Nice stuff Jim! I like both sites and Lucy should be quite happy with what you've done.

Default Re: Show Us Your Website!

Hi Slinshot
    Very nice site... Works well in my Mozilla Browser...

Default Re: Show Us Your Website!

Jim, it would be good if you could do away with the "under construction". Websites are always "under construction"!

Paul

Pauland,
    Thanks. Yea, I know. I'm working on it every day, trying to get the Paypal links correct and working (61 items). Hope to have it totally finished within the next week or so.

Jim,

It wasn't a dig about the site needing more work - I just think that no website should ever have those words on them.

Of course people build websites and put them online with page X Y and Z blank or with some kind of 'under construction' message. My opinion (and I'm not alone) is that if a website page isn't complete, it shouldn't be on the website at all until it's ready.

When a new feature or page is ready, just add it and let the site change and grow - that's the natural way to do it. I just think it's a really bad idea to have someone go to a website just to be told it's not ready yet.

All websites are permamently "under construction" - it's the way they are.

Your website is coming along well, so don't take this as discouragement, but "under construction" is a no-no (as is any variant such as 'coming soon').

Paul

No offense taken, but in this case I tend to disagree. The Under Construction was temporary, lasting maybe 2 weeks. It's actually removed on my current version, just not uploaded yet. We all do things graphically for a reason, whether it's the way a shadow is placed or adding Under Construction to a site. In my case, I needed a way to gauge traffic to individual pages, and let visitors know there was more to come. Without it, no page would have been seen, and the 500 plus visitors I've had this month would have seen Zero. I would rather have 500 visitors see a 95% complete page than not even know that there was more than a single home page, and possibly not ever return. I dislike going to a page and the only thing on it is an Under Construction icon. That's a waste of my time. But I feel in this case I was justified in my beliefs, as I was able to show what I was going to have to offer. Just my 2 cents worth