Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show Us Your Website!

Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
    Wow... talk about OT... So where are the websites?
    I have used Xara and X3D for pretty much ALL my background graphics, layouts and navigation since as far back as Corel Xara, but I haven't really used it for generating HTML to be honest.

There are a few examples of some of those sites in the gallery (see link in sig)

As I've mentioned elsewhere on here the micro photography site was mostly done using a webstyle template.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 June 2008 at 03:10 AM. Reason: remove non-Xtreme4 html site

I've worked out how to get a google map embedded in my website. Do you think there would be any interest in some kind of mini tutorial?

Lee

Yes please1 I still can't get it to work...

Hi Lee:
    I think that there would be an interest for anything like that.
    Last edited by Squeaky; 07 May 2008 at 09:06 PM.

Yes, that would be great! I have a couple of sites that need maps.

Tom

Here another webpage i did that is 70% xara.

http://www.promotees.com/designit/index.htm

- the links for Start Designing, Size Chart and Return Policy pages takes you to a non-xara pages because i wasn't sure i could make scrolling pages for these since the info for those pages are so long so i just allowed a pop up screen that points to the exisiting pages and they can click a button to close the page when they are done reading. I would really like to replace the non-xara pages with the new webpage layout entirely but since the page size varies for the non-xara pages i am not sure i can do it.

- the Guestbook link doesn't work on purpose as i don't have a guestbook installed yet

I noticed a slight delay in page loading so my buttons didn't change colors immediately this didn't happen a few days ago maybe it's my pc that is acting up.
    Signed,
    Printchic
    Paintless Deco Impressions

Hi printchic,

I took a look at your website - I like the banner graphic that you have (though I think the chrome clashes with the retro cartoon look).

A few comments

It's unusual to have a 'home' button at the bottom - yours is the first site that I've ever seen that done. I would move it to the top (I'd probably move it into the yellow band). It's a common convention that clicking the logo (usually the top left graphic) takes the user to the home page.

If you have a section that doesn't work, it's better to leave the button off altogether.

Where there are T-Shirt designs shown, they are really too small to get a good idea about them. They would also come across better as product shots on the garment rather than the bare designs themselves.

The pages that don't continue the home page design, stick out like a sore thumb. Sledger (one of the moderators) has described in another thread how to make Xtreme allow different size pages.

One particular point about the website copy. It tends to emphasize what customers cannot or should not do and because of that it's not inviting. There are plenty of ways to tell people the rules but still reassure them that their custom is appreciated and printchic is THE place for custom designs.

My comments are probably more suited to the website design forums, but I thought I'd nudge you in the right direction. I might get my wrist slapped..

My comments are meant well and I hope your business grows.

Paul

Hi,

Nice start. I agree with Paul, the the chrome does not match well. I would also consider reducing the size of the nav buttons a bit.

You can have different size pages. Look at post No 117 in this tread. (Here is a web page 100% Xara with different page lengths:http://www.gilad100.com )

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by printchic View Post
    I noticed a slight delay in page loading so my buttons didn't change colors immediately
    It did load slowly in my PC with a T1 line... I'm working hard on reducing the size of my sites and a simple check with this site gives me a target: http://www.websiteoptimization.com/s...nalyze/wso.php

I hope you find it helpfull or recomend other sources...

Thanks Pauland i put most of your suggestions to use now all the pages have the same

http://www.promotees.com/designit/index.htm

Except the "Start Designing" button when that is clicked it takes you to a script i had written for me a while back in php so i have to figure out how to get the script part of those pages have the same header/footer look. But at least everything else has the same look and i will work on the content (telling the customer about our policy part) in a polite way next. I wa just working on getting the page look.

Also thanks to the rest of you for your suggestions they will be put to good use.
    Last edited by printchic; 22 May 2008 at 07:33 PM.
    Signed,
    Printchic
    Paintless Deco Impressions