Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show Us Your Website!

Quote Originally Posted by leemcg View Post
    ...I tried to use a bullet from Wingdings or somesuch font on the features page (a square), but it hasn't worked. Even on my own machine where the font is installed. Do I have to use other fonts (which means a round bullet) or drawing an actual square to get this effect?
    You can make the Wingding a bitmap (do a bitmap copy) or even export as a png and import it back. Any text will then work whether the end-user has the font or not.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post
    Hi everybody,
    Long time lurker, first time poster.
    Anyway, I just purchased X4 and created my first website with it. www.daski.ca
    Nice, but the last button doesn't work.

Paul

Hi Paul,
    Yeah, well, you know how it is... You think you're done and then the client decides one more page would be nice... but no, he doesn't have any pics or information for you yet... Can he see what the layout will look like anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    You can make the Wingding a bitmap (do a bitmap copy) or even export as a png and import it back. Any text will then work whether the end-user has the font or not.
    Thanks for this. Is there any way to keep the bitmap copy as part of the text? (Some kind of inline bitmap.) Assume otherwise that I'll have to manually position them - and make sure I do it after the text is finalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Judi A View Post
    Hi Lee
    I think your home page picture should be of the outside of the cottage. My eyes immediately went to the row of ? portable dressing rooms?? outhouses?? and questioned whether or not one of those was what you were renting out.

Ha ha.. Yes those are the old Victorian (actually really Victorian too, Queen Victoria used to used this beach) beach huts on the local beach. I did originally have that bitmap really washed out, so it was almost white, maybe it wouldn't have noticed too much. But I think I'll replace it with a photo of the house once I get some nice ones.

For your house layout you used an elevation, it gives me claustrophobia because there is only one doorway shown.
    This is slightly terrifying to hear - I think it would be lots of work to have to put all the doors in, with all the MouseOver layers etc. I can at least put the front door in though...

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist
    Nice one Lee I think you've got the design just right. Page loaded quickly. Can't help with GoogleMaps [someone here will though I'm sure], as for the mouseovers I've found that having similar names - e.g. buttonone, buttontwo, etc - can cause doubling-up and even stop the behaviour from working.
    I don't think that's causing the slight MouseOver problems as the layers are called ShowerRoom, UtilityRoom etc.

Thanks for your comments...

...Is there any way to keep the bitmap copy as part of the text? (Some kind of inline bitmap.)...
    Grouping it with the text and/or the text area should work.

...I don't think that's causing the slight MouseOver problems...
    After I posted I realised I should have checked that in the source
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    Grouping it with the text and/or the text area should work.
    But only if the text is about right, yes? If I make the first bullet a line longer, all the bullets will be in the wrong position, won't they. I guess I was asking if there was a way to have some kind of "in-line" graphics.

But I can't really group anyway, because then the text will be turned to graphics.

Regards

Lee

You are right After doing a quick test can't get a pic to stick. Trying to find thread that refers to it. Sorry to mislead you. I'll carry on looking for the thread

**EDIT** [QUOTE]I was asking if there was a way to have some kind of "in-line" graphics [QUOTE]

I was trying to use a graphic as a footnote marker but had the same problem with text flow. And, because of a bug in the program (now fixed with the CD I think) it took a bit of fiddling to get text to act as a pop-up behaviour. Hence my confusion (not unusual!!) - don't know of a way round your bullet problem except repositioning, sorry. Somebody might though, so don't give up yet
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 02 May 2008 at 11:16 AM.

I tried to use a bullet from Wingdings or somesuch font on the features page (a square), but it hasn't worked. Even on my own machine where the font is installed. Do I have to use other fonts (which means a round bullet) or drawing an actual square to get this effect?
    You can make use of the special chartacters available via ALT+code keypresses.

For example ALT + 16 gives you this: ►
    A round bullet is ALT + 0149 like this: •
    An a square bullet is ALT + 254 like so: ■

Below is a list of ALT codes and the character which you can play with for use on your site.
    Also listed are the Web Safe fonts (as mentioned in the Xtreme Help file under HTML section)

The same list is available online here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fonts+codes.png 
Views:	338 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	48580  

Steve - Or anybody with a Mac, do these extended characters map OK in a Mac browser?

Useful list at any rate.