Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What file format should this be saved as

I have a file that I want to send to someone so that they can print their own business cards. I created the file in CD12 and set up a page for placing the image onto.

Usually I send it as a .jpeg and .pdf so that they have the option of printing the cards several ways.

The client is unable to get the .pdf to import into the Word doc I created. So I am wondering what format will print the best.

I know this is more of a general printing type question, but I thought I'd ask y'all first...

Many thanks!
    Karla
    IP

Default Re: What file format should this be saved as

Probably the easiest would be Windows bitmap (*.bmp)
    zip it to email. They can extract it and open/insert it into Word.
    IP

thanks sledger. I'll see how that works out for me.

Designing is so much more fun with out all of the technical stuff
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by kar-po View Post
    The client is unable to get the .pdf to import into the Word doc I created. So I am wondering what format will print the best.
    Karla
    Your client should not use word !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All you have to do is to send him a jpg so he can view your work an print it (at home)
    Finally if it is destinated to be printed, a professional printer never uses WORD !! lol
    Send your word as jpg so the client can have an idea about it. For the pre-press and the print, the adequate formats are .cdr .ai .psd .tiff .pdf .eps, no other file format can give a good and professional result.
    IP

All you have to do is to send him a jpg so he can view your work an print it (at home).

Send your word as jpg so the client can have an idea about it.
    JPEG would not be suitable even for home printing if there is much text.
    The best option in this scenario would be a standard Windows Bitmap, zipped and emailed. This will be perfect for home printing and for importing into Word, if that's what the client uses and has asked for.
    IP

Personally I never ever use JPG format, when I save things for archiving I use TIF. If I transport files (Email, web etc) I use PNG. I would never recommend using JPG especially printing.
    IP