Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: WYSI-not-exactly-WYG (XXP4)

If the HTML export treated text with any sort of effect other than text size as something that it needed to rasterize and output as a PNG, it would be more WYSIWYG, which might be nice.

On the other hand, if it did that and you weren't aware of it, your pages would start looking the suck to people with different screen resolutions, and complaints would abound regarding how changing the font size in the browser has no effect, so I can see why they didn't go that route.

Possibly one of those warnings that you can turn off that warns you if you export text that will not appear as you expect would be a good middle ground or something.

In any case, I think the HTML export is pretty awesome as is. While I wouldn't use it to generate a final site (I'm too much of a control freak ) it's awesome for quickly mocking up a page or showing something graphic off with no work at all, which is exceedingly handy all on it's own. Despite what some people might have to say against it, I think it's a great new addition to the software.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.