Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Thanks and a Question for Charles

The last item selected is user controlled and I wouldn't consider hidden. The first item selected would also do. Visio uses that, although I prefer the Corel style last item selected as you can do all the selections first before picking the key object. Doing it first means that sometimes you end up having to restart the selection. Another choice would be to let the user pick from the screen after the dialog is opened, but I think that is awkward.

The trouble with using the "back" object, is that you have to push the item to the back first (which may well hide it), and then do the align. Whatever method is used, the user should be able to select the key object irrespective of its z-order - or colour, size, shape or anything else ...

The currently typically difficult alignment is trying to centre large objects on small objects, e.g. a ring around a circle. A workaround is to clone the small object, shift-stretch it to keep it centred and make it overlarge, put the other objects within its bounds then centre to selection and delete the dummy object.

Default Re: Thanks and a Question for Charles

Quote Originally Posted by timhines View Post
    The last item selected is user controlled and I wouldn't consider hidden.
    By 'hidden' they don't mean 'not user controlled', they mean 'not visible if you walk up to the computer and look at the screen'.

Default Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

Ah, I see what you mean. Now I come to look at it, CorelDraw 11 (which is the latest I have) doesn't differentiate between the last selected and other selected items, which is not quite so bad with last selected as you tend to remember that, but is indeed a hidden property. I'm not sure if later versions do.

However, Visio uses different coloured markers around the items (green for the first selected, cyan for the others).

Xara puts a single little black square top left on selected items, so I would suggest that the last selected item have a coloured little square instead to indicate that it is the key item.

Just a question:

I bought and downloaded XXP4 as soon as it was out, installed and activated it.
    Everything works fine.

Just today, I installed the latest update and I had to activate it again?
    Is this intentional and did this happen to anybody ??

I find it rather strange, since I never hat to re-activate before, not with Xara, nor with other Software.

Wolfgang

Every version 4 update I have installed has required reactivation, it's not new to the most recent.

Re installing 3.2 CD always asked for re registration after a number of uses, and continues to nag you until you do..

Thanks Steve,

so at least it's not just me ;-)
    I only hope, that I can reactivate without problems until the CD-Version ships.

Wolfgang

Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

Hey Guys why did you only enable multi-core support for the pro version
    of Xara 4, and not Xtreme 4, this doesn't seem fair,
    I own all the Xara Versions, but I bought the Pro Version 3.2 i believe late in 2007
    as loyal as most Xara Fans have been up till now,
    I would think you could offer a patch for Xtreme 4.0
    to offer multi-core support.

Did you not upgrade from 3.2 Pro to 4 Pro @ $49??

Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

No I didn't I bought the upgrade from Xtreme 3.2
    but it was purchased before 2008
    so I wasn't eligible, i did not want to have to pay $159.00
    for the upgrade,at least those were the options given to me.

I purchased a lot of Xara versions and upgrades through the years
    this just doesn't seem fair.

Apologies, I think I misunderstood you as you stated you had version 3.2 Pro

I own all the Xara Versions, but I bought the Pro Version 3.2 i believe late in 2007
    I guess there's good reason it costs more to purchase the Pro versions. All part of those extra goodies that come with it