Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

In fact I didn't.

But I believe even if my Undo size would be over (which is hardly to happen, for I'm currently working about 2 hours and have only 377K of 100M filled) then the oldest steps would be removed from Undo buffer, not the latest..

I have had problems with these bugs also, as mentioned by Centaurus:

- Paste in place is broken. Objects are inserted far away from drawing edges
    - Gradient fill on the group is broken (only one object changes the color when you modify the gradient fill on the group)
    - Colot picker works wrong, when you try to pick color from lines and strokes (i doesn't feel the line widths)
    - gradient fills are very unstable now. For some reason 'start' and 'end' colors were introduced and in the case of multuple-point gradient fills you never know which handle is active if you select one (it's mostly about intermediate handles)
    Undo sometimes "jumps" my drawing in some direction especially if it was zoomed in and I have to find where I was working. It's not a big deal but when it's happening over and over again...
    - Undo sometimes just doesn't work
    - When you change the object or line color with Color Picker, sometimes (pretty often) it doesn't work. To reactivate it you have to deselect object then select it again, change it's color randomly by picking some color in Color editor (to ensure it's ok now) and only after that you can use Color Picker again.

I still LOVE this program! I know these bugs will be fixed in time.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Do not know if this is what Centaurus is experiencing or not. If you are zoomed in on a complex shape and are performing boolean operations if you hit undo and it happens to de-select the node in view Xtreme will go back the previously selected node and attempt to adjust the screen view to show the now selected node. It happens also if delete the node in view, Xteme apparently decides what the new view should be and shifts the zoom. But this happened for me in 3.2 also.
    I also agree that the gradient is a little wonky compared to earlier versions. If you have a shape selected, click the fill tool, then click and drag to create a linear gradient, release the mouse, it leaves one of the fill nodes selected but the correct color is not shown in the Color Editor. I resolve this by hitting Tab a couple of times until Xtreme sorts itself out.
    I have also experienced some weird behavior with the color editor but have not been able to document it yet.
    adios
    sunland

Centaurus, just so you don't feel alone. I have had plenty of pasteing issues with the latest release. Some of which will crash SU and kill the file.

I've be working on a two-page, 11x17, landscape brochure.

1. As you say Paste in Place is really broken and if you copy objects from one 11x17 file and try to paste in place into another nothing happens.

2. If you want to "Crash -N-Kill", place an object at each corner of a 11x17 page 1, select the four objects, now try to drag-copy and drop them onto page 2 (in my case, it is also 11x17). Viola, you get error and Xara4 shuts down.
    Last edited by jclements; 25 April 2008 at 05:08 PM.

I just tried no.2 and no crash and burn here.
    -=Bob=-

I'll try and find one of the files that do this and post. Busy now, however.

I am so glad that I can switch off the photo editor pop up.
    I always managed to make this thing appear, when not wanted.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Thank you guys.
    It's an ambivalent feeling: on the one hand I'm not happy Xtreme have all those bugs, but on the other hand I'm glad to feel it was not my imagination or just my individual problems. I was starting to think noone else sees them and cares about them.

Question Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

I just fired up X4 - And while it's downloading a 'new' movie, it hasn't peeped about an update... Do I have to go on site to get the 'Update?'
    Tom - Hwy101

Yes - login to your account and grab the latest version. No need to uninstall the version you have. You'll retain your customisations too