Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Xtreme 4 - another update

There's another update available for download that has a few more fixes / small improvements.

Align to Object
    Following requests from forum users to be able to align to a specific object, we've now implemented a new option in the Align dialog which aligns the selection of objects to the back-most object in the selection. So this makes it pretty easy to control the exact position of any alignment.

A subtle feature of the Align option is that the Scale Line Widths button on the Selector Infobar controls whether the alignment is to the center line or the outer edge of the object including the line thickness. With the Scale Line Width option selected, (the normal case) then the align option will use the center-line outline of the shape, (the same as you see in outline mode) ignoring line thickness. If un-selected then the alignment will be calculated to the edges including any line thickness.

Disable photo editors
    Another common request, to disable all external photo editors being launched when you double-click a photo has also been added. On the Options dialog, Effects & Plug-ins tab, select the ‘Edit bitmaps with this program’ and just leave the program name field empty. Double-clicking a photo or choosing Utilities-> Bitmap editor, will now do nothing.

Other bugs fixed:
    - The reported dpi values of JPEG images used for HTML export is now not affected by a previous Optimize operation
    - The incorrect initial rectangle shown when Ctrl-resizing a text area is now fixed.
    - The occasional Access Violation after opening a file from Internet Explorer that contains Live Effects is now solved.
    - The bug reported here, with zoom hanging http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...&postcount=147 has been fixed
    - Multi-threaded rendering on multi-core AMD processors was not enabled correctly. Now fixed.
    - Flash export ignores 'Target frame for URL' option. Fixed.
    - PDF export was cropping printer's marks with large bleed values. Fixed.
    - Printing Live Effects did not print sometimes (back to v2). Fixed.
    - Optimizing a transparent PNG to be a JPEG, had a black background, now puts white background in place.

This version is number 4.0.4966. It is recommended that everyone update to this version.

You can download and re-install this from the normal download link:
    http://www.xara.com/uk/downloads/xtreme/
    Just select to re-install option. If you have purchased the product you will be asked to re-enter you Activation Number.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	options.jpg 
Views:	2707 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	47980   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Align3.jpg 
Views:	2727 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	47981  

Default Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

Thanks Charles
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks!

Marc

Yaaayyyy! Align to selected object!!!

And the tweak with Scale Line Width is a -very- nice bonus.

I'm going to be singing for the rest of the day. Wish I had a smilie for skipping and dancing in joy.

Talking Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

Many thanks for the new align feature. That makes my working life just that little bit nicer

Unhappy Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

I just purchased XaraXtreme Pro and downloaded it. I got the activation code from Xaraonline.com. BUT when I enter it I am told that it is an invalid activation code. I couldn't have made an error typing it in because I used "copy and paste."

Can someone help me?
    Charlie

Thank you so much, Charles!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Charlie, are you sure you used the code for the Download Trial and not for the CD version? Your Xara account shows both of them (the trial one is at the top) and the unlock code for the CD won't work with the downloaded trial.

Or the problem might be that the unlock server is being swamped again as everyone unlocks the new download trial, in which case if you wait a while and try again it should work dandy.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

I just received an email from Xaraonline, and it gives me a different code. It worked fine, so now I'm happy.
    Last edited by cbutton69; 16 April 2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Thank you, Odat.
    Charlie

Many thanks, Charles!

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.