Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ok, here's a lazy question as I'm between three projects and don't have the time to research it properly (sorry).

Is it possible to create animated gifs and Nav Bars in Xara. I've been using it for three years, but I never use the animation part. Now I'm getting into the NavBars and would like to have some animation in them...

thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

Ok, here's a lazy question as I'm between three projects and don't have the time to research it properly (sorry).

Is it possible to create animated gifs and Nav Bars in Xara. I've been using it for three years, but I never use the animation part. Now I'm getting into the NavBars and would like to have some animation in them...

thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

They both work extremely well.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

I've been using Xara for three years now. I use it for web design and technical illustrations. I never played with the animation portion too much because I always used Macromedia Flash.

Anyway, now I'm playing with Xara X and getting hooked on the navbar feature for javascript rollovers.

I have created a navbar for a website in work (don't even try to click any links in it because no one knows where you'll end up :-)

I used the navbar feature in Xara and it worked great, but there are several mechanical gears at the end and I thought it would be neat to have them rotate. I could do it the hard way, but I would like to know if there is a way to work with the NavBar feature AND Xara Animation feature at the same time in one project???

Here's the sample of what I'm working on...

http://www.hearnmachinetool.com/beta/semfacility.htm
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com

I don't believe you can "at the same time". The animations are done in a different (layered frame by frame environment) than what your in when doing nav bar stuff. I guess you will have to do it the "hard way" but this is not really as bad as you might think.

It looks good and doable.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!