Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: 15 April - SPECIAL HTML WORKBOOK - Guest Tutorial - FREE

What a great workbook!

I've been designing and laying out my pages in Xara for quite some time. Then when I have a design I like, I spend hours tweaking them into DW. Now I just upload my design...what a huge time saver! I'm still amazed how accurate my pages appear when uploaded.

I have one issue I can't figure out. Bold text does not show after I export my pages. What am I missing?

Tom

The font you are using must have a bold and/or italic style for it to export. Fonts that are designed for the web such as Arial, Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman, Tahoma, Trebuchet, and a few others have bold and italic styles and are designed to display well on the web. It is recommended you use one of these fonts.

In the new font drop down list, when you mouse over a font, the avaistyles will appear to the right in a fly out menu. If you do not see a bold or italic style then one does not exist for that font.

This handling of fonts to the exclusion of synthesized bold and italic styles is more consistent with the industry standards.

Gary

Thanks Gary,

That's pretty neat to see live how the font changes.

I have set my fonts (Arial) to be displayed in pix and I changed the font size by typing in 10pix as font size, which will not display in bold when exported as htm. A 10.67pix (8pt) will show bold.

Tom

oops, Gary I meant placing a flash video as in from a camcorder converted to flash video or say a youtube link but instead of rectangular border, an overlapping organic shapped vector border with swirls and curls inside of xara..
    and even animate that swirling vector border around the youtube video..

Just wanted to know if this were possible or is that better off done in AfterEffects and flash itself..