Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: 15 April - SPECIAL HTML WORKBOOK - Guest Tutorial - FREE

Thank you.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

As you can see Gary from the number of remarks a really successful workbook. Thanks again about the tip of the Jpeg.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Eric

The Flash is embedded. The rest of the document is HTML and CSS (style sheet).

Is there any where I can alter the compression settings for the JPEG export. I was doing a test and was getting some unpleasant artefacts. Ideally I would like to export the jpeg at highest quality so that I can optimise it later.

(Ideally I would be able to set all the html export bitmap quality via the name gallery - maybe in XX5?)

I would think that you could export the photo with whatever setting you want, then replace the file Xara creates in the folder. Just locate the photo, Xara assigns numerical names to the exported images, then rename your exported image and replace the image in the folder.

That work?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    Is there any where I can alter the compression settings for the JPEG export. I was doing a test and was getting some unpleasant artefacts. Ideally I would like to export the jpeg at highest quality so that I can optimise it later.

(Ideally I would be able to set all the html export bitmap quality via the name gallery - maybe in XX5?)
    I agree, that would be great! In the name gallery just write the quality percentage as text, e.g. "JPEG95%"..

I installed the latest upgrade today and made some pages. The pictures I used were exported by Xara as JPEG without me having to name them.

Just thought folk would like to know
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I would think that you could export the photo with whatever setting you want, then replace the file Xara creates in the folder. Just locate the photo, Xara assigns numerical names to the exported images, then rename your exported image and replace the image in the folder.

That work?
    Not really. The graphic in question was a bit of 3dtext created in XARA. When I do the JPEG trick I do not get an option to set the compression. This is kind of important for graphics heavy web designs which is probably what most people will do with XX4 -It is a drawing programme after all. :-)

I suppose I could manually change every group into a bitmap, export them in the doc and then replace them manually but that seems to negate the point of doing the html in XX4 in the first place.

I wonder if there is a registry setting or similar that handles the JPEG quality?
    Can the developers help me out here?

Thank you Mr. Priester.
    Joe

Thank you, for a well written tutorial Gary.