Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara4 Webdesign: MouseOver / MouseDown for each Page?

Dear fellow Xaranians,

I'm not a new user, i forgot my password and re-registered here at work

Back to my problem, I finally decided to do a webdesign entirely in Xara4 (and i LOVE it so far!).

I have 4 pages with a simple MouseOver/MouseDown navigation.
    On page 2 i want some images to turn bigger once you move the mouse over the small thumbnails. Question: How do i set this up for page2??
    Can someone post a really basic .XAR example of where on page 2 and 3 different buttons/images appear?

An example is Gary's workbook ( http://gwpriester.com/mxw1/index_2.htm ). How is this entire webpage set up? Is the AboutUs Page saved as a different .Xar file and exported as a HTML?

BTW, Gary, great workbook issue69!

Thanks for any help in advance,
    Nostaw

PS: Can i still install Xara4 on multiple machines as long i'm the only one user (which I am). E.g. Laptop and Desktop Computers both using the same serial?
    Last edited by Xcellent; 15 April 2008 at 06:33 AM.

Default Re: Xara4 Webdesign: MouseOver / MouseDown for each Page?

Hi Xcellent,

please read following thread regarding pop-ups: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=32264

You can also try the demo file uploaded here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...7&postcount=23

There is no difference for multi page designs. To get different rollover/pop-up effects on separate pages, you just have to put different graphics on the effect layers in the corresponding pages.

Hope it helps.
    John.

Hello Nostaw

The website was set up on four pages in one document.

Xara exports a new HTML page automatically for every page in your document.

Gary

covoxer, that's a great mouseover example. Thanks!

As a test, i wanted the "option1" button to open page 2 (see the attached image). I created a new page, some Lorem Ipsum text into layer "Main layout", selected the button "option1" in layer "MouseDown1" and as a URL I entered "##2" (for page 2), exported as HTML - but still a click on "option1" DOES NOT open page2..

What do i do wrong? Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p2.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	47956  

These buttons can get weird.

I would create the normal state button and assign your link.

Clone the button (the link is cloned too) and change the attributes for the mouse over version.

Clone the mouse over version (the link is cloned too) and change the attributes for the mouse down version.

The duplicate the page for as many pages as your website has.

Gary

Xcellent, if you read the manual carefully, you'll see that the link has to be applied to the button object in the main layer (the one that represents a mouse-off state). Any links added to objects on the MouseOver and MouseDown layers are ignored as these layers are "effect" layers. They are used only to provide alternative outlook of the rollover objects (buttons).
    Last edited by covoxer; 16 April 2008 at 07:34 AM. Reason: typo
    John.

Gary and covoxer, thanks for reply!

i'm surprised there is no video for website/button creation in the help files (yet).

Thanks covoxer for pointing into the manual, I was looking yesterday into it but couldn't find anything, maybe I had a blackout of some sort. Usually the manually is the first thing I look into. Xara usually keeps it short and straight to the point in their manuals, which I like.