Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I know this is off topic...

Sorry about this being off topic but I don't know where to ask and contacting talkgraphics didn't work because they didn't have a subject for it and 'other query' wouldn't work.
    Anyway, I noticed that there aren't any moderators listed for the Paint Shop Pro forum. My question is, are there Mods and they're not listed or are there no mods? And if there are no mods is that intentional or is it because there are no volunteers to do it? If it's because there are no volunteers how does one volunteer?
    IP

Default Re: I know this is off topic...

Moved your post here.

There are no designated moderators for the PSP forum, as it hasn't been all that busy in terms of posts. However, several moderators have access to the forum.

As for volunteering (or contacting "Talkgraphics"), simply PM any moderator. The moderator will bring it up in the moderator forum. However, normally members are asked if they would like to moderate because they are a frequent poster to a forum and have been around for a while.

Risto
    IP

Ok, if its a closed loop then there is no point in my even asking. The matter is closed. I'm retired and spend all day at this computer, I've had a lot of experience with forums and I know Paint Shop Pro but as it's a moot point I won't give it another thought. Thanks.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gms9810 View Post
    Ok, if its a closed loop then there is no point in my even asking. The matter is closed. I'm retired and spend all day at this computer, I've had a lot of experience with forums and I know Paint Shop Pro but as it's a moot point I won't give it another thought. Thanks.
    Not a closed loop at all - it was going to get looked at (it's not just up to me).

The lack of a moderator there could be one reason why it IS slow. It might look like it's "neglected" not "cared for". That point has been brought up before.

Not sure what to do with this now?

Risto
    IP

To add to what Risto has already said.

Some forums do not have a listed moderator and that is most often because no one has volunteered or expressed and interest in becoming a moderator for that forum. There have been some instances when a moderator has asked to have their name removed because they are unable to devote time because of other obligations.

Where there is no listed moderator, members and mods for other forums that have some knowledge will offer answers to questions.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Is Availor Still a mod ? Was he in charge of the Xara tips and tricks board. There was a post asking about that board and when it would be updated.
    do we need a new mod to work on updating the tips and tricks ?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

last I saw he had changed from moderator to member whatever that signifies
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Hi Gms9810,
    It certainly not a closed loop you only have to look at Steve (Sledger) who I think was only a member for under a year when he was asked to be a moderator. Moderators tend to be people who have hung around the forum for some time and shown loyalty to the forum. If I was in your shoes and wanted to be really wanted to be effectual in a specific form and had time to spare I would be positive in the forum with giving help and answering questions in that forum and I am sure that that would not be ignored by the team and they would be glad of the help. I got mine for the time that I have been a member of TG and for good behavior I think for no other reason
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

I would like to add, that anyone who has been chosen as a mod here, are the "get along with any & everybody" type.
    If you can help the folks in that section, that would be great for them, but I would make certain you are the type who can take even a personal attack and not allow it to pull you into the game.
    These things do not happen often here, but on those rare occasions, I have seen both mods and admin handle the situation with the utmost finesse and professionalism which earns them the respect of others.
    This is not one of those "RTFM" forums where self-worship prevails, and this is what makes TG one of "the best" places to be.
    So, in short... if you have the "know-how" and the time, this is great, but it also requires the right personality.

Good Luck
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by a4hire View Post
    Is Availor Still a mod ? Was he in charge of the Xara tips and tricks board. There was a post asking about that board and when it would be updated.
    do we need a new mod to work on updating the tips and tricks ?
    I did a search on the forum and for some reason Availor has "Banned* against his name.
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman
    IP