Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Need help redrawing this logo!!!

I need help redrawing this logo, please...

http://img6.uploadhouse.com/fileuplo...8ec244b2e0.jpg

Can you do this in xara xtreme, rather than illustrator because I find illustrator quite difficult to understand. (the pen tool???? live trace?? etc

Regards,jinz
    Whats up Gangsters!!!
    IP

Default Re: Need help redrawing this logo!!!

Jinz,

The immediate options as I see them are:

Hand trace it with the shape editor tool.
    Trace it with the Bitmap trace tool.
    Pay for Vectormagic to give you a vector trace.

Personally I would go with the hand trace method - I think it gives better results. If you know what the fonts are you can just recreate them or you can hand trace the letters.

Since you want this done in Xara, why did you post it in the Illustrator forum?????
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Talking Re: Need help redrawing this logo!!!

Thanks but, how do you do all of this in illustrator then, could you please show me a few screenshots?
    Whats up Gangsters!!!
    IP

Don't know ...... I'm a poor boy ...... Can't afford to buy Illustrator.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Did this with the Shape Editor Tool and an Arial font, done fairly quickly & crudely but could be improved upon by spending more time on it.
    http://www.womag1.com/HOF/Riss.gif
    IP

Womag, does this answer jinzs question or does it show that you were able to do what jinz would like to do?

How about some step by step guides on how you achieved your result and in particular which software, as you haven't said if you used Xtreme or Illustrator for your example (though I suspect Xtreme as you menioned 'Shape Editor Tool')

I think jinz wants to know how to do this with Adobe Illustrator - can you help?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Jinz,

The immediate options as I see them are:

Hand trace it with the shape editor tool.
    Trace it with the Bitmap trace tool.
    Pay for Vectormagic to give you a vector trace.

Personally I would go with the hand trace method - I think it gives better results. If you know what the fonts are you can just recreate them or you can hand trace the letters.

Since you want this done in Xara, why did you post it in the Illustrator forum?????
    Sledger,

Actually, I was trying out Keith's suggestion and trying the "hand trace it with the shape editor tool" option to see how hard it would be.

I do not have Adobe Illustrator, but enjoy using Xara and have upgraded to XX V4 and thought this would be a good test.

The logo should be able to be redone and improved by Jinz with Xara since Jinz originally asked if it could be done with Xara Xtreme.
    IP

Perhaps someone else may respond to jinz' later question regarding Illustrator (Albacore ?)

Xtreme is certainly faster/easier/more fun to use. Illustrator is a bewildering muddle
    Are you happy to run through the steps you took with XaraXtreme?
    IP

Talking Re: Need help redrawing this logo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Womag View Post
    Did this with the Shape Editor Tool and an Arial font, done fairly quickly & crudely but could be improved upon by spending more time on it.
    http://www.womag1.com/HOF/Riss.gif
    OH MY GOD EXCELLENT, GUYS I now use xara xtreme v4.

Did you cut and select with the shape editor tool? & also the arial font???
    didi you write the letters at the top of the logo with the arial font. Maate also It would be great if you saved that image as a .eps or .ai file for me. The I will post the image on this wonderful forum & show you how big It can really go?
    I have a bundesliga emblem size 5000 by 5000, I think or maybe even bigger!!! The font is pot on mate, could you show me a few screenshots on how you make this logo please?

P.S PLESE REPLY TO MY QUESTIONS!!!

EXCELLENT!!!

Also does anybody know someone who accepts vector requests? (JUST ASKING)

Much appreciated to all...

Regards,jinz
    Last edited by jinz; 12 April 2008 at 12:18 PM.
    Whats up Gangsters!!!
    IP

Jinz, you have been on this forum long enough to know that we don't do freebie requests. I'm afraid that if you want this logo drawn, you will have to draw it yourself. We can help if you have problems with some steps, but with XX4 you have all the necessary tools if not the experience. The only way to get the experience is use the tools!
    Keith
    IP