Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Automatic updates

(oops, titles should be updates, not upgrades)

Isn't it about time that Xara had a (non-intrusive) automatic update notification and installation system.

It's frustrating to have to keep checking if my copy is up-to-date and that I'm not suffering from bugs that are fixed in newer builds.

Anyone else with me on this one?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 April 2008 at 01:08 PM. Reason: correct title

Default Re: Automatic Upgrades

Upgrades are announced when released and you can choose as to weather you want to bother installing the patch depending on if the list of fixes is relevant to you and any problems you may have experienced or not.
    Once the final CD is released I don't remember any further patches in the past, (could be wrong), until such time as a new release is announced for testing, so automatic upgrades would be redundant.
    Derek

Default Re: Automatic Upgrades

The 3.2 CD was patched to 3.2.4
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Automatic updates

I will admit that in the past I was surprised when I realized that the built in automatic update check only looks for a new full version and not a point release (i.e. a 4.0 from a 3.2, but not a 3.2.4 from a 3.2). Having it also notice when there is a new point release as well that fixes problems and is freely available would be a boon. Though on the other hand as a regular visitor of the TG forums it would be redundant for me personally, and probably some others, so I can see the other side of the fence too.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.