Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation Help! Aliens have abducted my Alien Skin filters!

If you own either of the Alien Skin filter sets, Eye Candy 4000 or Xenofex 2 (I think these are the ones) and have tried to install them in X4, you will not find them in the Live Effects NEW list. This is because the filters are now installed in a different location and nobody bothered to tell the installer this.

Here is what I learned from Xara.

Close Xara Xtreme Pro 4

1. Download and save the files from your account on Xara Online
    2. Run the executable and follow the steps
    3. You'll come to a screen labeled Select Host Click on the button labeled Choose another Install location
    4. Browse to the appropriate folder within the PSplugins directory of Xara Xtreme Pro 4. ( C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 4\Xara Picture Editor\PSplug-ins\AlienSkin\Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000) – when installing eye candy and click on OK
    5. Click on the Finish button

Gary

Default Re: Help! Aliens have abducted my Alien Skin filters!

Thanks, Gary.

I just pointed to my old XroPro 3.2 directory where the filters were originally installed. This is a "cleaner" solution.

Default Re: Help! Aliens have abducted my Alien Skin filters!

My method is similar. I have one specific folder for plugins and point all capable software to that one folder.
    Xtreme4 does however 'pick-up' from the registry version 3's set plugin paths (if v3 is still installed), something that has been confirmed with each update of Xtreme4 here