Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default switch from shape editor to zoom

Why is that when i want to leave the shape editor to zoom, hitting 'z' doesn't work but shift-F7 does?

Also this only happens when i am using ther shape editor. From every other tool i can go to zoom via 'z'... (This is not x4 only, 3.0 behaves the same)

Default Re: switch from shape editor to zoom

I think you'll find 'z' has a specific meaning in the shape editor - it sets the current point to a cusp. You might be able to change this with the shortcut editor, I'm not sure.

if I remember right z has a function in shape editor tool

yes - it sets cusp join

HA will beat me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you! Editing shortcuts worked!

Hi mikalele,

If you have a mouse-wheel then you might like to try ctrl+mouse wheel to zoom in/out while still using the shape editor tool. ?

I find this fast and natural while working on drawings as I can zoom in and out freely at will, while keeping the shape editor tool active, in other words there's no need to leave the shape editor tool at all

Yeah, i know that but i usually work with a tablet and i find its mouse wheel substitution not very comfortable to use.

Alt Z also works. That's the default shortcut for Toggle to Zoom. You may find that handier. In the Shape Editor, press Alt Z to zoom, then press it again to return to shape editing.

Sometimes I can just keep Alt Z depressed while zooming then return to shape editing when I release the keys, but that doesn't always work.