Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How do I pop-up to show a larger pic?

I guess I'm following up on charles' comment--

-but it doesn't have to be necessarily a bigger picture that the popup displays, right? It could be a whole page with photos and text.

Here's an excellent example of mousovers (not made by me and not with xara either) that show a mini page when the menu is moused over.

http://www.bagborroworsteal.com/ui/howitworks#damage

I like this because there's no click, you just mouse, and it's there. And it might be a great way for the original poster of this thread to incorporate bigger pictures (layout wise I'm talking).

I'm assuming that this exact kind of navigation, showing additional text and photos on mouse movement, is possible with xx4 and the new popup layer navigation feature ( or the rollover with invisible rectangle, but that's more work)

I'm going to be writing a new tutorial about website making in Xara. There are quite a few nuances that you need to be aware of to make a working site using all the features available, such as popups, and flash, and popups with flash etc. I'm currently making my own website as a learning experience before I write about it.

I think you can actually do that kind of thing in the above website in Xara.
    Last edited by Xhris; 15 April 2008 at 10:45 PM.

There is a tutorial for this in the HTML Workbook here Adding Content

There are some really useful tips there actually, like editing link colours etc.