Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Larger range of colours at screen edge

For the life of me I cannot find where to show a larger range of colours along the bottom of screen. Is there a way? I am sure there used to be a lot more.
    It is a great effort at to get a pure white if you are choosing from the colour editor.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Larger range of colours at screen edge

Hi SeeB,

If you click on the top right box in the color editor, you can see some more advanced options. the far right hand box lets you use the hexidecimal value for the color. White ="FFFFFF".

The Color line in XPro 4.0 has few default colors, and the default is to delete any new ones you create if they are not used in the document. so... If you go to the options menu and the viw tab, you can tell Xpro not to delete your colors when saving or loading.

I have attached my default templates, so you can have a few more colors to start with. Do a search here in the forum for default templates and you can find several from the more experienced users. Just save them to your XXXX:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 4\Templates\ENG directory to use them.

See screenshot...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setcolor.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	47673  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Thanks for that. I'll look closr at your suggestion

Opening the colour gallery and right-clicking on one of the folders allows access to more colour line colours (see pic). You can also customise the default colour line and save it as a new template as John suggested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colour line.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	47712  

XChris:

This is one thing about the Color Gallery that I think can be improved ... unless I'm overlooking something.

There no quick way of knowing which palette (folder) is being displayed on color line other than right-click on each one to see if palette has been check-marked.

Maybe the checkmarks could be shown in titlebar of each palette or the titlebar be given a different color. Another solution would be to right-click on the colorline itself and have it report the palettes being used.
    Last edited by jclements; 09 April 2008 at 04:38 PM.