Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Panorama tool

Default Re: Panorama tool

It's a feature of the enhanced version that comes with Pro - that you can control the cropping, instead of being completely automatic as it is in the built-in feature.

I have used Xpro 4 to stich together portrait shots of people and it did pretty well if the lighting is set properly and it has enough contrast to work with. A lady in a black dress against a black background with bad lighting is beyond it.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

I was eager to have a little more control over my panoramas...which is why I downloaded Xtreme Pro. However, it appears Panorama Studio only comes with the CD. Now what am I supposed to do? I really wanted more control over the process, but still not do it completely manually.

Quote Originally Posted by legr8est View Post
    I was eager to have a little more control over my panoramas...which is why I downloaded Xtreme Pro. However, it appears Panorama Studio only comes with the CD. Now what am I supposed to do?
    ...um - wait for the CD version I suppose?

Welcome to TG by the way

If you have extreme I think you can buy suite for extra 20 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Now I'm happy to let the the Pano' tool do it for me
    I think that XX's Pano tool seems to 'bend' the photos better than other tools, and that leads to more of the pictures being in the final crop.

However, because of the way that the curved edges are always at such shallow angles, it can often pay to manually crop -- but include a sliver of black. Then all you need do is to clone a piece of surrounding scenery over the black to get a larger, finished pano. Inevitably, those small slivers of black will be sky or grass or sea or sand and are thus quite unobtrusively cloned.

That's why I like to manually crop.