Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Xtreme 4.0 update

Downloaded and installed this new 4.0 version:
    1. When I run XXPro4 it tells me that .XAR files and .WEB files are not associated with this version of Xara, and do I want to associate them. I say Yes.
    2. Run XXPro4 again, it says the same thing.
    3. Double click on a .XAR file, and it opens up in the XXPro4 and not XXPro3.2.4 (the only other version I have installed), AND XXPro4, when it starts up, does NOT tell me that .XAR and .WEB files are not associated
    4. Start XXPro4 again, and it tells me .WEB and .XAR files are not associated. This time, I say YES and unckeck the box that says "Always Check"
    5. Now when I start XXPro4, it no longer tells me that .WEB and .XAR files are associated.
    This is installed by the same user account that has installed every other version of Xara I've ever installed, and I've never had the problem before. It's curious that if I double clicked on a file and it started XXPro4, I didn't get the warning, but using the shortcut I DID get the warning. Also, why would the association still be there and yet still ask me? And how come when I said "Don't perform this check", THAT it remembered that I did?

Problem somewhat sorted now, but it's weird and didn't happen with the previous download versions.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Hi,
    Yes the filter is in there..I used regsvr32 to manually reger it and got success message.
    Here is a capture of my export dialogue with all the options showing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenXAra.png 
Views:	636 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	47650
    thanks for the help..I un-installed previous insstallation and took out references within the registry and re-installed but still nothing.
    Jim
    Last edited by Scotty; 08 April 2008 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odat View Post
    [*]When I run XXPro4 it tells me that .XAR files and .WEB files are not associated with this version of Xara...
    I'm having the same problem.

Allison

Hi,
    Just a comment that may help.When I run Regedit and explore under Xara there is my previous Xara Xtreme, and Xara Xtreme Pro, and Xara Xtreme Pro with sub directory 4..but nothing in it ?
    Jim

Jim,

This is my export list (from Xara Xtreme (NOT Pro)) - yours seems to be missing quite a few items, Not least of which is the PDF export.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.png 
Views:	599 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	47653  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks for the update, Charles and the rest of Xara team

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    Blends
    - Crash hitting escape on profile dialog in blend tool. Should be fixed, but could not reproduce originally so needs to be confirmed.
    Unfortunately, this error is still present, for me at least :\

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi,
    Just a comment that may help.When I run Regedit and explore under Xara there is my previous Xara Xtreme, and Xara Xtreme Pro, and Xara Xtreme Pro with sub directory 4..but nothing in it ?
    Jim
    Do you have any registry protection/cleaning/optimising tools running on your system?
    It appears that the installer is unable to write to your Windows registry for some reason. This is why you are not seeing things as they should be.

Hi,
    Just got e-mail from Xara requesting a log file which I sent them.
    My system has Windows defender, Sybot Search and destroy and Norton anti virus running, but they were running when installing previous versions and had no consequnces.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Unfortunately, this error is still present, for me at least :\
    I can't get it to crash. It seems fixed for me.

I'm seeing the file association warnings too - sometimes just .XAR, sometimes just .WEB, sometimes both.

Doesn't matter if I say yes or no to the messagebox, nor if I'm running as admin or not, I still usually (perhaps always, not sure) get a message.