Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default drag drop bitmap fills not working!?

Why is that i can't drag'n'drop bitmap fills onto shapes from the bitmap gallery anymore? I also can't assign a bitmap fill to a selected shape with a doubleclick, only hitting the fill button works now.

Default Re: drag drop bitmap fills not working!?

Drag and drop seems to work OK for me (although I'm still using V4.0)
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It only works if the shape already had a bitmap fill. (april 2nd version, v3.0 works fine)

Where are you dragging and dropping from? And are you holding down the Shift key before you drop the bitmap?

You can still drag and drop to apply a fill to a shape that doesn't already have a bitmap fill, but you have to hold down the shift key in order to do it.

I can't remember why, but I think this started in some past version (3.2 maybe?) when they changed how fills worked. I think it had something to do with photos but I can't remember exactly. My version 3.2.4.3017 works the same way, so I don't think it's something new to version 4.

The mind isn't what it used to be...
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

For me it works OK if the shape has a fill or a colour (arguably still a fill), if the shape is transparent it seems you have to drop the fill onto the line (cursor changes as you drag over the shape). It may have something to do with the new text repel features.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thank you Odat and Gary, that works!

And thank you SS-Kalm, too!

This came about naturally due to the change in the way photos are classed in version 4. There are no longer such things as bitmap objects. Instead, everything is a bitmap filled shape (this has advantages for cropping and scaling etc.). Thus, as before, to replace a bitmap fill, you must hold shift when dropping.