Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating a web site?

Can anyone tell me what tool do I use to create web pages etc. I tried the help file and there was a tool on the toolbar which I do not appear to have on my toolbar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Webtool.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	47641  
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

Default Re: Creating a web site?

After setting the page size you want, you just use the normal tools Norman, laying out the text and graphics to your liking. Then (after saving a xar file as usual) you export as html to a folder you've made for the project (because Xara adds some other files).

***EDIT I think the icon you're pointing to is for creating a navigation bar - you can get that icon by WINDOW >> CONTROL BARS >> GENERAL
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 08 April 2008 at 09:54 AM. Reason: info about icon
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

We do not recommend using the highlighted Navbar tool - it does not work with web page creation.

Just draw whatever you want anywhere on the page and export as HTML. Full details in in the Help. Look in Importing & Exporting chapter, there's a section called HTML Export - Website creation.

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy View Post
    Can anyone tell me what tool do I use to create web pages etc.
    Have you seen Gary's Workbook on HTML Webpage Creation Norman?
    This may help answer some more questions.

Thank you John, Charles and Steve for your guidance. I'll see what I can come up with.
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

I'm sure you will do a good job Norman. I did a couple of pages - based on a site I made a couple of years ago for my cousin - and was delighted how straight forward it was compared to using Dreamweaver and such things. Only problem I had was with the links - had to fudge it a bit - but Gary is covering that in his next workbook on the 15th.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64