Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A curiosity question...

I've noticed on the new version 4 that when I start a drawing, if I right click on a color, then click "set line color", and choose "set" from the resulting pop-up box it puts a nice little indicator tick in the selected color box. But then if I select a line width from the drop down box and choose "set" from the resulting pop-up box it removes the tick from the previously selected color for the line and my line defaults back to black. I then have to set the line color again.
    Why?

mg

Default Re: A curiosity question...

Confirmed. Don't know why it does that. The behavior is similar in 3.24 except that you don't see the tick mark because that version doesn't have tick marks on the color bar. However, if you watch the current line/fill icon in the lower right corner, you'll see the line color go back to black.

I find the absence of a tick a shame as its a quick indication of the colour of an object which can be useful on many occasions. I’ve found myself looking for a mark on the colour line a number of times and been frustrated when there wasn’t one.

Agreed. I'm very grateful that the ticks are back in v4.

This is an age old minor bug. When changing line width using the dropdown menu with no line selected, the line colour reverts to black.

Incidentally, you can get rid of the need to press "set "every time a default change is made by unselecting the "Ask before setting current attribute" in the general tab of the options dialogue (pic below).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	option.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	47654  

Now I know. Thanks for the replies and the tip!

mg