Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ratings

Default Ratings

Is there a bug in the ratings system?. I see all the rating stars have disappeared
    The other day I put in 5 star rating for one of the postings but it only showed up 3 stars.
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

Default Re: Ratings

Norman,

The benefit of the ratings have always been debated...

They were removed on the old board because they were abused (arbitrarily mass-clicked). We thought we would give it a shot with vBulletin as long as it worked.

It was just a matter of time before someone would felt compelled to go "schoolgirl" all over the ratings. It's doesn't matter who it was... or why it was done - it's always someone eventually (which is why the feature is turned off on most forums).

Risto

Thanks Risto, yes it was getting a bit odd.
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

Its too bad that it had to be removed. It was nice to see a good posting that had 5 stars. But if every thread has stars next to it then that kind of defeats the whole idea. I think the good threads will still rise to the top and be spotted by the number of replies and views.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I was wondering about the rating system the other day and tested it by adding stars to a thread. Never used it before. Don't think people on here are affected by that.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I too have never bothered rating a thread
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Risto Klint View Post
    It was just a matter of time before someone would felt compelled to go "schoolgirl" all over the ratings. It's doesn't matter who it was... or why it was done - it's always someone eventually (which is why the feature is turned off on most forums).

Risto
    It was me! And I decided to I wanted to rate everything I see. Just to give me opinion without having to say something nice or bad in a thread.

Shirely, that's what it was there for. Or was it just for important threads to be highlighted with stars - if so my mistake. I thought because it was a community and an internet democrasy I was allowed to do that. But obviously that upset a few people. I read nothing about it in the rules.

Why have it in the first place if you're not allowed to annonymously say you think someone's post is terrible.

As for the INSULT of 'going schoolgirl' I take offence at this! STRONGLY! I'm not allowed to vote? That's called fascism and we had that before in my country - it was called The Nazis.

If I upset the status quo of the boards then I am sorry but if something is there for me to voice my opinion I should be allowed to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    I
    Why have it in the first place if you're not allowed to annonymously say you think someone's post is terrible.
    If you have any constructive and objective opinions of anyones work, then let's read it.
    Pretty pointles to give an anonymous low rating then leave..

It was me! And I decided to I wanted to rate everything I see. Just to give me opinion without having to say something nice or bad in a thread.!
    Well, thread voting is completely anonymous on vBulletin, so if you say it was you - it was you, I guess.

Shirely, that's what it was there for. Or was it just for important threads to be highlighted with stars - if so my mistake. I thought because it was a community and an internet democrasy I was allowed to do that. But obviously that upset a few people. I read nothing about it in the rules.
    You did nothing wrong. The feature was there.

I agree, it shouldn't have been there in the first place. It has been corrected now.

As for the INSULT of 'going schoolgirl' I take offence at this! STRONGLY! I'm not allowed to vote? That's called fascism and we had that before in my country - it was called The Nazis.
    "Schoolgirl" was a horrible choice of words. I appologize. The feature is removed period - I am not (no one) allowed to "rate threads/vote" either.

If I upset the status quo of the boards then I am sorry but if something is there for me to voice my opinion I should be allowed to use it!
    No need to appologize. The feature should not have been enabled in the first place. None of the boards that I frequent has it active. Mostly because the forum pages become more difficult to read.

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 08 April 2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Some spelling

its not voicing your opinion if its anonymous is it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...